BOOKED an Alaska CRUISE.

I don't have any feedback regarding the fact that you will be in your wheelchair, but as a general comment ALASKA IS FANTASTIC! I'd do that cruise again in a heartbeat. In fact, as soon as we have enough air miles to get us to the West coast, we plan to book another one.

You can check this page http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Excursion+Planning&faqId=3125&faqSubjectId=327&faqType=faq on how to get accessibility info on excursions. Good luck!

I recently cruised Alaska with another cruise line with my daughter who is in a wheelchair. We had no problems what so ever. All of the Ports are docked so no tenders. The streets are easy and people are very supportive of people with disabilities.

My daughter can do things like board a bus with some help from us so we had no issues with tours etc. We did the Dawson Dolly Wildlife tour in Skagway and they modified the stops so that my daughter could get out of the bus and experience things like everybody else.

Without details on specific wheelchair need (fulltime or part time) it's hard to offer specific advice. My wife uses wheelchair about 80% of the time on cruises but can walk some. If time allows in Juneau consider visiting Glacier Gardens. They were very helpful about taking folding whelchair on the tram (extended golf cart really) up the mountain to the viewpoint. Very beautiful place - even in rain. We took city bus out to GG and bus had a lift.

RCI is very good about accessbility. If possible book an accessible stateroom. Regular ones the door is not wide enough even for a Jr. size chair. The accessible cabins also have automatic door opener. The showers are roll-in (if needed) but have flip down seat.

One caution at ports might be for the gangways. They can be very slippery. Usually the crew insists on assisting anyway but for sure let them if it is wet.

Archived