Snorkeling at Nachi Cocom GOOD??

FrankG69camaro

If you are wanting to actually snorkel from the beach at Nachi Cocum, then I would say, it is not good at all. We didn't see a single fish. This beach club is not on a reef and therefore, you would have to go out on a boat tour.

If you want to snorkel off of the beach, then go to Chankanaab Park. Their beach is manmade (but still a very beauitful beach area) but is on a reef (you take s few stairs to get into the water) but the snorkeling is great from the beach.

Snorkeling at the Money Bar is very good, but it is not AI, doesn't have a pool/hot tub, and the sandy area for chairs does not compare to Nachi. What's more important to you? :confused:

Nachi is not really for snorkeling, unless you book a separate excursion to snorkel from Nachi. They take you out on a boat.

Your kids will love Nachi. It is beautiful. Nice pool, hot tub and beautiful beach. There are lots of extra things to do at Nachi...banana boat, parasail, snorkel, etc. that all cost extra.

If you are just interested in snorkeling, the party boat tours take you snorkeling and then to a beach with water toys for kids.

• 2 months later...
I just booked Nachi on Saturday. The snorkeling is another $38.00 for 2 hours and they take you to 2 differents reefs.

Should we book the snorkeling ahead of time?? Curious if snorkeling is pretty-much always available or sometimes booked-up??? Thank you!

And since I'm on this Nachi thread... we are scheduled to be in Cozumel 1pm to 10pm (if I go ahead and book the cruise we are looking at)... Can we do Nachi for 4 or 5 hours, starting that late in the day??

Archived