Dining room attire for breakfast and lunch?

vasoccerchick

I know you are not supposed to wear bathing suits, but I am assuming this means bathing suits only. Are bathing suits okay under shorts and a t-shirt? Are beach cover-ups okay - I don't know how to best describe them - a long shirt kind of clothing specifically for women to cover bathing suits. I wear mine from the house to the community pool - long sleeve, dark brown (not see through), hoodie, mid-thigh- okay or not okay?

For men, can they wear long board style bathing suits that are dry with t-shirts? I'm thinking for on the way to the pool or at breakfast before going into port.

Thanks

Alliezona is spot on. One thing you might not know, is that for breakfast and lunch you are not at your normal dinner table. You are seated where needed to fill seats when you arrive. so you will be meeting new people all the time for those meals. Cruise super casual or pool coverup is just fine to wear.

Sailed the Dream this past June and never had an issue eating breakfast in the MDR when I was wearing my black 3/4 sleeve bathing suit cover up and a pair of shorts underneath. And sandals of course! I'm sure the same attire would of been suitable for lunch as well (as long as your not soaked or wet from the pools/hot tubs).

Right from the double wide to Riviera deck.....

Sounds like some fun cruisers.

Better then the "fashion police" folks stuck is some sort of 1950s time warp.

I'll bet you turn up your nose to those nasty inside cabin folks on the Riviera deck.

I'll bet you turn up your nose to those nasty inside cabin folks on the Riviera deck.

I was thinking the same thing....

Alliezona is spot on. One thing you might not know, is that for breakfast and lunch you are not at your normal dinner table. You are seated where needed to fill seats when you arrive. so you will be meeting new people all the time for those meals. Cruise super casual or pool coverup is just fine to wear.

If you would like to be seated at a table for just your party, I think they will accomodate it. At least that was our experience on the Dream last year. My husband and I went to breakfast in the MDR one morning and requested to be seated by ourselves. Our request was granted without question, and the service was great.

If you would like to be seated at a table for just your party, I think they will accomodate it. At least that was our experience on the Dream last year. My husband and I went to breakfast in the MDR one morning and requested to be seated by ourselves. Our request was granted without question, and the service was great.

Yes, if you request a table for two during open seating, it will be granted without a problem. If you get seated at a table for 12, the waiters usually do not take your order until the table is filled. So, you just chill and sip some coffee.

First of all, I do not have any objections to those that temporarily reside in the inside cabins on Riv deck, their hard earned green backs enable them to cruise just like mine do.

What I do object to though is the new trend of the people rolling out of bed and coming into the MDR for breakfast in their jammies....that is just as nasty as the hairy armpit reaching for the butter in a previous post.

After all, how difficult is it to change into a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops?

as long as you can't see it, your fine.

but now people think it's ok to wear jammies and bathrobes. the new carnival cruiser is quite amazing.

Um not just Carnival. I have seen this same thing on RCL too. I actually couldn't believe it. It never ceases to amaze me that people where their pj's to breakfast, on deck, at home to the store. Unbelievable.

As for bathing suit coverups, I think that's fine. Some of them are almost like dresses anyway.

as long as you can't see it, your fine.

but now people think it's ok to wear jammies and bathrobes. the new carnival cruiser is quite amazing.

I am seeing more and more of this and it's not just young 20 somethings in their flannel sleep pants......older women with moomoo type robes and hair still all wrapped up wearing houseshoes as well.......

I am seeing more and more of this and it's not just young 20 somethings in their flannel sleep pants......older women with moomoo type robes and hair still all wrapped up wearing houseshoes as well.......

gotta get new glasses. i thought that said horseshoes!

First of all, I do not have any objections to those that temporarily reside in the inside cabins on Riv deck, their hard earned green backs enable them to cruise just like mine do.

What I do object to though is the new trend of the people rolling out of bed and coming into the MDR for breakfast in their jammies....that is just as nasty as the hairy armpit reaching for the butter in a previous post.

After all, how difficult is it to change into a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops?

Another CC only problem.

Very few if any really do this, if you don't like it then just move along, it's a big ship.

Can't say I ever saw this in 15 cruises and don't think it would bother me much one way or another.

But much of what upsets CC folks does not upset me.

You see I'm on vacation.:D

Love how breakfast and lunch anything goes and is accepted, then dinner rolls along and somehow some magical transformation takes place and everyone needs to be dressed as if your eating in some fancy restaurant as opposed to Red Lobster.

Another CC only problem.

But much of what upsets CC folks does not upset me.

You see I'm on vacation.:D

Yes...I am on vacation as well, and I just do not appreciate people that bend the rules and show up in the MDR in what they wore to bed the previous night, whether it be flannels or the moomoos that were previously mentioned. Nobody is dressed that way in IHOP or Perkins on a Sunday morning, so out of respect for other passengers, I don't think it's too much to ask people to at least change their clothes before they come into the MDR.

Archived