Continental questions!!

carrieberry

I've recently moved from a city where I had one airline choice, to a city with more airlines that I've ever heard of - anyway, researching flights to Tampa this Sept., Continental seems to have the best times/fares for me but they are not an airline I've used before - anyone have any good/bad experiences with them they'd care to share? Thanks for any advice

Carrie: I've used Continental a number of times & wouldn't hesitate to book with them. They are a large carrier in the U.S. & International. I've always been impressed with their service, fares, large choice of flights & they seem to have a good track record for sticking to scheduled times.

Out of Casper, we have to fly United to Denver (usually - unless Delta has better rates to SLC) and connect with a "major" airline.

Everytime we fly, we've had really good flights connecting with Continental. Expedia really messed up our flights last year, but the main carrier was Continental and they fixed everything. (United had changed our original itinerary and booked us on 4 :eek: connecting flights to get to San Juan - the last of which was Continental. Fortunately, Continental was the "main" carrier and I was able to get everything corrected by calling them directly.) I may have connected with a great customer service rep, but we would definitely recommend Continental. In our experience, they are easy to work with when flight changes cause problems with your travel itinerary.

You'll find that seating on Continental 737s tends to be on the tight side. My wife, who is five feet nothing, commented that she felt cramped in the coach seating. I didn't have to comment - my legs were in the aisle because there was nowhere else for them!

However, the exit row seating on the 757 is great, if you want legroom.

I fly Continental nearly every week and have had good luck with them. Hmmm....the 737 seating doesn't seem to bother me....then again, I'm often connecting to smaller prop planes that seat 20 people! If you are a taller/larger person, you can always request exit or bulkhead row seating for the additional leg room.

Good Luck!

Well this is beginning to make me feel better about my upcoming flight. No direct flights of course from Las Vegas to San Juan so connecting thru Houston, but on the way back we only have 1hr between flights and the past 2 weeks the incoming flight from San Juan has been 30-40mins late, making me nervous that I won't be catching my leg home out of Houston...so if they are anywhere near as good as noted above I think they will either A) hold that flight for us or at least B) find another airline leaving that night on a direct flight (our connecting flight is the last direct Houston-Las Vegas Continental has) or C) put us up in a nice hotel for the night, giving us food vouchers and we will just have to pretend we are extending our vacation one more night :) I've got my fingers crossed though for A! Love being on vacation but always love that feeling of coming home afterward too. Thanks for all the input!

Archived