Disappointing end to July 17th Freedom cruise

Thanks for this info, Scotty. No, Capt. Rob wasn't on Freedom, unfortunately--as he is our all-time favorite too! So glad to hear he is well--and we were really excited to hear he is the captain on the FOS alternately with Capt. Tor. Hope we get Capt. Rob when we sail next year--we like Capt. Tor too but there's no one like Capt. Rob!

• 3 weeks later...

In my own humble opinion :rolleyes: the OP got decent treatment from the cruise line. I do a lot of TA's and due to the nature and length of this type of cruise, as well as the median age group, you, on average, have 2 or 3 pax that leave the ship feet first. It may happen at sea, during a port stop etc. They come first, it's the worst day of their families life, a bit of inconvenience is not a lot to put up with being that it is not the worst day you have had so far !

Yes, rescheduling is a hassle, but thank the stars you are here to complain.

Chin up, cheer up, count your blessings :D

I have been personally involved in a medical emergency and I can promise you that RCL is very professional with how they handle the logistics. We will never know what variables were involved in this decision, but I have faith in the decisions made by these professional officers.

There is another side to these stories that you rarely hear about. My father died on day 2 of a 7 day cruise. In order to not inconvenience 3,500 passengers we had to ride out the rest of the cruise. We were not comfortable removing his body in a foreign port. It was very difficult on my family to watch everyone enjoying their vacation each day while my father was in the morgue.

Things happen and I think all of us could learn to be a little more patient and understanding when these types of things happen.

A similar situation was a worse compensation ending:

I had a friend that honeymooned in the Caribbean at a nice resort (wont name it). The island was stuck by a hurricane and the staff never informed the guests, just kept calling it

" a bad storm"...

They were landlocked for 4 days with no way off the island (airport damaged) Found out by her parents, via phone, that it was a hurricane...

They found out that the "hurricane guarantee"of the resort applied to the few extra nites they had to stay there, since they could not leave anyway. There was NO compensation for airfare, etc.

She was not happy, will probably never go back...but the situation was unavoidable.

OP...I understand your concerns..sorry you got so much negative responses..but its CC...what can I say :D

Archived