TV/DVD Question

mompolo

We are sailing the Liberty in Sept and we're taking our 16 year old son (who has au tism) and my 76 year old mother (who has very severe back arthritis). My mom won't be able to do a lot of walking and probably won't get off the ship on port days. So my question is - do the tv's in the room have dvd players and if so, can you get dvds to watch on them??

My mom will be able to get around the ship (very slowly) and we have a cabin that is right next to the elevators. I just want to know that she can rest in her cabin while we are in port and maybe she can watch a movie or two to entertain her while we are gone.

Any other suggestions for my mom would be greatly appreciated - this will be her first cruise and I want her to have the best vacation ever (she has never really vacationed - she spent her whole life working and saving her money to leave to her kids) - she deserves this!!

Thanks!!

p.s. if there is no dvd player - could I hook up my son's to the tv??

There aren't DVD players in any of the cabin on Carnival ships. The suites have inputs (RCA type) for some flavor of auxiliary player, however.

:)

I'd suggest some variety of portable DVD player and some of your favorite DVDs. They're fairly inexpensive (about $70 for one with a 9 inch screen...) and recharge the internal batteries quite quickly.

Also remember, Carnival offers 2 channels of free adult movies and 1 channel of kids movies each day, on a 6AM-6AM rotating basis, each day.

(If the CD is lazy, they will repeat alot during the week though. Noticed that when a friend brought us the Fun Times from their Legend cruise in June)

Also, if you are on the Conquest or Dream class ships, they will offer free movies on the outdoor, big screen each day also.

Bill

My mom will be able to get around the ship (very slowly) and we have a cabin that is right next to the elevators. I just want to know that she can rest in her cabin while we are in port and maybe she can watch a movie or two to entertain her while we are gone.

?

Have you consider renting your mom a wheel chair- I mean the food is in the back and the entertainment is in the front. thats a long walk for someone who cant.

We thought about renting one of those scooter type things - but thought that it might be hard for her to get through the narrow hallways and such. I might look into one of those walkers with the wheels - those often have a little seat on them too - that way if she gets too winded, she can take a break.

Do they rent wheelchairs onboard?? or do we have to find somewhere to rent one??

We thought about renting one of those scooter type things - but thought that it might be hard for her to get through the narrow hallways and such. I might look into one of those walkers with the wheels - those often have a little seat on them too - that way if she gets too winded, she can take a break.

Do they rent wheelchairs onboard?? or do we have to find somewhere to rent one??

This is what Carnival has to say about wheelchairs on baord...

If you are requesting wheelchair assistance with embarkation and debarkation, Carnival Cruise Lines has a limited supply of wheelchairs onboard each of our ships. In order to accommodate all our guests, we reserve them for embarkation and debarkation in the pier facility only. Furthermore, the wheelchairs onboard are used for emergencies and time-to-time usage, therefore, Carnival Cruise Lines is unable to confirm the availability of a wheelchair for the entire duration of the cruise.

If you require the regular use of a wheelchair, Carnival Cruise Lines respectfully asks that you bring your own or rent one from a service provider. Some companies that frequently provide wheelchair services for our guests are:

CareVacations - Phone: 1.877.478.7827

Special Needs at Sea 1.800.513.4515

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_87

I rented a scooter on RCL- it was easy to use & get around- request a Travel size that can be taken apart for the trunk of car & to keep in cabins.

I try to use a small wheelchair as a walker during the day- parents can push me from MDR to theater at night.

a regular wheel chair - where someone will need to push her is all that is needed.

With the scooter type chair it will not fit in the cabin door- there is plenty of space in the halls. But if you do not have a handicapped accessible room it will need to be parked at the pursers station to charge.

Do not rely on the wheel chairs onboard- there are only so many available and they may be taken before you get one.l

Use the number above and rent your grand mother a chair. You do not want her spending her time in the cabin because things are too far away

I think she might have a better time on the trip using a small scooter.

We had a friend on our last cruise we took that used a scooter called a Pride Go-Go. He had no issues going anywhere on the ship. The only issue that would sometimes come up is that he would have to wait for the elevator rather than using stairs, but it sounds like your mom might have trouble with stairs anyway.

Archived