Seatbelt Extenders

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at the cut off point where I can (barely) buckle them still (not even an inch of extra fabric, but it does latch), so it's more comfortable to ask for the extender when I board. Sometimes I have to wait until they are done with the safety review (it's what they use to show you how to buckle your seatbelt - lame) and sometimes they have extras on board and I get it right away. I can't, personally, see spending $50+ on a belt that works for only one airline...

Please bear in mind that Southwest is one of the WORST for charging for extra seats if you are pushing the limit on fitting... So far I've lucked out and never been asked to pay for a second seat, but I've heard of it happening quite often.

• 7 months later...

We've had ours for years. But we have the type for most airlines other than Southwest. Just makes it so much easier and less embarrassing for my wife who needs one as well. They work fine.

Try http://www.gillicktravel.com. The southwest one is $44.95 and the one of rmost other airliens is $39.95 or you can buy a 2 pack w/ one of each for $79.95. Free shipping.

i agree w/ the other poster, unless you travel SW on a regular basis, it may not be worth it to have theirs.

Archived