Taxes & Fees Question

We are booked through and online cruise site.

The prices have gone up a bit since we booked.

When comparing the NCL current price it show taxes and fees about $140. compared to the invoice I have from the online agency approximately $305.

Do the taxes and fees change, and if so, should I be calling the online ageny asking for the reduced taxesand fees, as they should not effect the cruise price since they are just passed on to the ports.

Either way i am saving money, but if there is any chance could save more it would be great to put towards tips and excursions.

i am guessing it is just wishful thinking.

Thanks in advance.

We are booked through and online cruise site.

The prices have gone up a bit since we booked.

When comparing the NCL current price it show taxes and fees about $140. compared to the invoice I have from the online agency approximately $305.

Do the taxes and fees change, and if so, should I be calling the online ageny asking for the reduced taxesand fees, as they should not effect the cruise price since they are just passed on to the ports.

Either way i am saving money, but if there is any chance could save more it would be great to put towards tips and excursions.

i am guessing it is just wishful thinking.

Thanks in advance.

Its more complicated than that. There is something called NCF(non commissionable fare- it includes things like port charges, fuel and some other things which the cruise lines consider a pass through) most but not all TA's show this in taxes and fees. The cruise lines by law must show it in the base fare with taxes and governmental fees separately. Normally that is why the TA and the Cruise lines, even on the same day when you booked may show this differently but the bottom line is normally the same. The TA's do this for accounting as they will not be paid a commission on anything but the "base" fare without the NCF...

Its more complicated than that. There is something called NCF(non commissionable fare- it includes things like port charges, fuel and some other things which the cruise lines consider a pass through) most but not all TA's show this in taxes and fees. The cruise lines by law must show it in the base fare with taxes and governmental fees separately. Normally that is why the TA and the Cruise lines, even on the same day when you booked may show this differently but the bottom line is normally the same. The TA's do this for accounting as they will not be paid a commission on anything but the "base" fare without the NCF...

Thanks for the response.

i was guessing it was just wishful thinking.

Archived