Upgrade question

Winterstale

Sailing the Splendor on 10/9 - we're in a spa interior again on this one -- noticed that there are still some spa balconies available...wondering if I should call about the upgrade possibilities...or keep an eye on them and see if they stay open.

Thoughts? :D

They'll be glad to upgrade you... at the currently published rate.

You've got quite a ways to go to your cruise. I'm bettin' those cabins will sell...

Best of luck, though!

:)

I have a funny queston about upgrades.....we are on the Sept 15th sailing of Carnival Destiny. There have been no price drops....ever....I was bored the other day and I just started looking to book to see how many cabins I could find that were still available....we're in an 8C balcony....today's price is $125pp more than what we paid so I'm not complaining....but there are tons of rooms in lower categories available, including quite a few in my category....and I thought they always moved those people up to make room for less expensive rooms to book...there are also more than 25 suites available....to which I would be happy to upgrade (for free) to make room for lower fairs....we are 43 days from sailing now...they are not going to sell all of those suites....my PVP said I could upgrade at the current published fare, which is about twice what I have currently paid.....I said "are you joking?" I would think I would get an upgrade this being my 5th cruie with my 6th coming in December, before some 1st timer.....because I have read so many times how random it is and all these 1st timers getting them but Platinum's never being called.....if this was Marriott, Platinums would be served 1st....so I said, I know you're going to have to upgrade someone, so why not me? I like my PVP so I wasn't going to push the issue, it does just rub me the wrong way. Someone will get a free upgrade, and we booked 4 other cabins of friends.....all 1st timers.....I can't wait to see which of them gets upgraded.....

I have a funny queston about upgrades.....we are on the Sept 15th sailing of Carnival Destiny. There have been no price drops....ever....I was bored the other day and I just started looking to book to see how many cabins I could find that were still available....we're in an 8C balcony....today's price is $125pp more than what we paid so I'm not complaining....but there are tons of rooms in lower categories available, including quite a few in my category....and I thought they always moved those people up to make room for less expensive rooms to book...there are also more than 25 suites available....to which I would be happy to upgrade (for free) to make room for lower fairs....we are 43 days from sailing now...they are not going to sell all of those suites....my PVP said I could upgrade at the current published fare, which is about twice what I have currently paid.....I said "are you joking?" I would think I would get an upgrade this being my 5th cruie with my 6th coming in December, before some 1st timer.....because I have read so many times how random it is and all these 1st timers getting them but Platinum's never being called.....if this was Marriott, Platinums would be served 1st....so I said, I know you're going to have to upgrade someone, so why not me? I like my PVP so I wasn't going to push the issue, it does just rub me the wrong way. Someone will get a free upgrade, and we booked 4 other cabins of friends.....all 1st timers.....I can't wait to see which of them gets upgraded.....

I am Platinum and I've never gotten an upgrade or an upsell. I've had as many as 300 friends booked in my group and still nada so don't feel bad.

Those cabins... suites and all... will sell. The ship will sail full even if they have to discount the fare to make them go they will sell.

:)

Sounds like you are dreaming how you want things to work.

Almost never ever are there FREE upgrades, usually upSELLS, where you pay to upgrade, lately often at the rate you could have booked the cabin in the first place.

The only reason they would give someone a free upgrade would be if they have a reason to want YOUR cabin enough to move you.

I think Im at a measly 17 carnival cruises, and never a upsell let alone a free upgrade.

Your dream that your PVP could give you a discounted upgrade is also not possible. They cant. Simple as that. upsells only come from the upsell dept.

You also state that you have this belief that they always upgrade people for free to free up lower priced cabins... sorry :(

I hope they start giving free upgrades out .. like to those who are milestone at 25 cruises, as Im getting close... wish they did these free upgrades regularly that you speak of. When is the last time you found a 4 leaf clover, about that rare.

Sounds like you are dreaming how you want things to work.

Almost never ever are there FREE upgrades, usually upSELLS, where you pay to upgrade, lately often at the rate you could have booked the cabin in the first place.

The only reason they would give someone a free upgrade would be if they have a reason to want YOUR cabin enough to move you.

I think Im at a measly 17 carnival cruises, and never a upsell let alone a free upgrade.

Your dream that your PVP could give you a discounted upgrade is also not possible. They cant. Simple as that. upsells only come from the upsell dept.

You also state that you have this belief that they always upgrade people for free to free up lower priced cabins... sorry :(

I hope they start giving free upgrades out .. like to those who are milestone at 25 cruises, as Im getting close... wish they did these free upgrades regularly that you speak of. When is the last time you found a 4 leaf clover, about that rare.

I was dreaming.....that something nice would happen.....but yes, even 15th, 20th, 25th should be rewarded with something like an upgrade....

Archived