Pittsburgh Airport

TripletDad

We baught airlinge tickets last fall for our cruise this July. Since we baught them the schedule has changed a couple of times. Has it stands right now we have 30 minutes between connecting flights In Pittsburgh. One is a US Airways express flight that has been going into concourse A. The connecting flight to Miami has been leaving from concourse B. The question I have is this going to be enough time between flights? I hope so the connecting flight is the only direct flight to Miami has that day. I have been checking the opperations of these flights daily and the US Airways express flight has been arriving on time or early. Any insite any body has would be great.

Thanks TripletDad.

PS The reason we chose US Airways is they fly out of the little airport that is about 18 miles from our home. Other wise the closest larger airport is Syracuse and that is about a 135 mile drive. Ottawa Canada is about 60 miles but that would mean going out of the country and the prices out of Ottawa have not been very good.

Pittsburgh's air side is set up like a wagon wheel,with the spokes running in different directions from the center.From the far end of concourse A to the far end of B it will be about a 10 min.normal walk or about 6 or 7 min.fast walk.

Hope this helps,

Ron

TripletDad I live here in Pittsburgh. The airport here is like a dream, it is setup likea wheel yes, so as long as you leave your terminal you simply head for the center, then veer off to the right direction. The walk is probably only 2 minutes on a non busy schedule, seeing as how we have non stop walking escalators to speed you up. As long as the flight is on time, you should have no problem whatsoever. I would be more concerned with luggage transfers occurring on time rather than you boarding :).

Archived