When to book an excursion with Carnival?

lucia1024

I am going on the Valor in Oct and want to book a ruin type excursion. The problem that I am having is that my DH just had knee surgery. I don't know if he will be able to make an excursion like that. If I book now, will I be able to get a refund if we cannot go? If I wait until the last minute will I have a difficult time of getting reserved on the excursion? Has anyone booked their tour while being on the cruise and not had a problem with enough room on the excursion?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I don't book my excursions with Carnival unless they have something I can't get somewhere else. There are other operators that you can book with, smaller more private tours and they cost less. The one I uses doesn't charge cancellation fees up to 11 days prior to departure. I don't think I'm allowed to mention names here so you can easily Google it.

You can cancel your excursion up to a certain amount of time before sailing. Not sure what that cutoff date is, but am sure someone here does ;). If it were me, I would book now so that you don't miss out on the excursion you want and, as the deadline approaches, assess how your DH is and act accordingly. Good luck to you and DH and enjoy the cruise!

I am going on the Valor in Oct and want to book a ruin type excursion. The problem that I am having is that my DH just had knee surgery. I don't know if he will be able to make an excursion like that. If I book now, will I be able to get a refund if we cannot go? If I wait until the last minute will I have a difficult time of getting reserved on the excursion? Has anyone booked their tour while being on the cruise and not had a problem with enough room on the excursion?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you book online, you can cancel up to 2 days before sailing. They will process the refund back to the credit card you paid it on. You can also cancel onboard, but are subject to a 25% penalty and can not cancel if you are within 24 hours of arrival in port (well you can, but it's a 100% penalty).

See http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=shore+excursion+reservations#q-669124

Archived