Back from the Jade!

TryingCruising

We had an absolutely amazing cruise on the Jade followed by a few days in Venice. I hope to get around to a review soon, but I wanted to post now in case anyone had questions that is leaving soon. I had a bit of trouble finding information on the Jade before I left, so I am hoping I may be able to provide some insights. I also remember mentioning I'd answer certain questions upon my return, but now I forget them! We were on the Greek Isle itinerary.

We had an absolutely amazing cruise on the Jade followed by a few days in Venice. I hope to get around to a review soon, but I wanted to post now in case anyone had questions that is leaving soon. I had a bit of trouble finding information on the Jade before I left, so I am hoping I may be able to provide some insights. I also remember mentioning I'd answer certain questions upon my return, but now I forget them! We were on the Greek Isle itinerary.

I'll be on a ttally different itinerary, but any info you have about the ship itself (or links to pics) are VERY appreciated!

tryingcruising

we will be doing this itinerary in a few weeks. Any info on ship and ports would be most welcome and appreciated. As you said there is not a huge amount written about the Jade, so your positive comments are a comfort.

We were on Jade in June and perhaps out illustrated writeup will be of interest... http://pasqualehome.com/JadeJune2011/JadeJune2011.htm

We also spent 2 days on either end in Venice which is not to be missed... http://pasqualehome.com/VeniceJune2011/VeniceJune2011.htm

I should mention that we didn't do any ship sponsored excursions. We opted to simply go ashore and explore. Our only regret is that we didn't book B2B cruises.

Hi, never been with NCL and looked at a trip with the Jade.

What is the situation with pre-payment for such items as drinks etc?

Is there such a setup or do you have to actually pay at the end of the trip via deduction of spend off credit card? Additonally, regarding onboard food & beverage plus any, what wasnt included in your initial payment for the actual trip?

Your comments would be appreciated - thanks

Joe (PorkchopKid)

thank you for the link to your review. The photos are stunning. I already have a couple of images of Santorini from a previous cruise and hope to get more on this visit. Mykonos is a new destination so looking forward to being able to get some good snaps there.

Archived