Keeping my 19 month old asleep

Pacclady

While my son sleeps really well through the night, he sleeps in his own room where it's pretty dark. I'm not sure if he would stay asleep with us moving around. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to hang a blanket from the ceiling around the crib to block out the bathroom light or anything else that might wake him. This is our first trip with our son, much less our first cruise, and we haven't shared a room with him since he was just over a year (he's now 19 months). Am I being silly, will he sleep through cause that's why tired babies do? Thanks!

I travel a lot and have always had my daughter in tow. I drape a blanked over the pack and play so that I can keep the lights on and even watch TV. I have a white noise machine that I put under the pack and play so that it drowns out room noise. (she also has this machine in her room at night and naps.)

My kids r like that like it dark. But on vaca thet will sleep. They usually stay up much later. But when they r tired thet will sleep. Just make sure u bring items from home. Like fav pillow, blanket, etc.. :) kids adapt surprisingly well.

We did a trail run with a two-night hotel stay with me 1.5 year old just recently before our cruise. At home he sleeps in his own room - very quiet and dark. He did end up going to sleep later than usual and all the activity during the day made him go to sleep easy and quick. He stayed asleep in the pack and play even with the tv on on low and dim lights. and he slept through our late night and early morning bathroom trips. I was surprised. He has a little flat pillow and blanket that he sleeps with at home and I brought these along which made him feel comforted I think.

For us there was no problem because she was just EXHAUSTED by the end of every day and nothing would have woke her up. But we also went to bed around the same time as each other and woke up around the same time so it wasnt a huge problem. We had an inside cabin which is extremely dark.

Thanks for all the advice. My son can sleep through any sound, we haven't sheltered him from that. But I just didn't know what to expect with the occasional bathroom light or whatnot. I feel better about this now. We leave in 4 days!!!!

Archived