Ruins Tour with Ivan - Please Read!!

sickofthecold

We are confirmed with Ivan for the March 30 but I just received an email from him regarding an incident with the local taxi company that works from the pier. Apparently the taxi company is unhappy with the competition that Ivan is giving them. Here is what happened.

A group of people that were booked with Ivan were intercepted by the taxi company and told that either his company didn't exist or that they were running illegally. Ivan has reported them to the Tourism Department and they are going to take action. You need to take the taxi to get to Ivan so my suggestion is that you don't even mention going with Ivan. Just tell the taxi that you are going to the beach or to shop if they ask.

Thanx for the info. It's really sad that there's so much backstabbing and negativity in the area. I know it's everywhere, but you'd think with as small as the town is, there'd be enough business for everyone with having to resort to this kind of thing.

All it does it make people want to stick with ship excursions, and avoid the locals as much as possible.

My recent email confirmation from Ivan and David told me not to tell anyone where I was going... just to head to their booth "The Native Choice" after arriving in Majahaul.

We used Ivan and David last week and WOW were they great. We ran into this same problem. The first people that we asked where Local 13 was they told us that it was back at the port so be carful!! The bus droped us off at the side closer to the dock and they are located about 1/2 block on the opposite side of the beach. Their sign was down that day since it was so windy. You will really enjoy his tour!!!!!

Jeff

Ivan just replied to an email about the tour in August and said that if I paid for 7 people (there are 6 in the group) that they would give us a private tour. Everything is sounding almost too good to be true! What has everyone done after the tour? The tour is scheduled from 11 - 3 and we don't leave port until 6:00.

Archived