Hotel + Parking in NOLA

abercromboi7

Hi Friends,

Planning a cruise on Jan. 8th 2012, and im looking for a hotel with a park and cruise type deal. I think I have done this at a Drury before, but im not sure.

We will just be spending one night in the hotel, and then need 7 days of parking.

Its so much cheaper to do it this way, normally.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!!:)

Try looking at stay123.com They show the Holiday Inn Superdome for around $120 most of the time. The Hotel's site is typically $149. Drury is 're-doing' their parking lot and halting the cruise parking for now. I am cruising in December and that's what they told me when I called. I didn't ask when their cruise parking would resume.

I just checked stay123 for your dates and Superdome is 'sold out'. Holiday Inn Metairie is showing a rate of $164 and includes a free shuttle to and from the cruise port.

I would book something quick as it seems to be a very busy time in NOLA... 3 Star hotels on Last Minute Travel.com are going for over $200 a night.....

We are staying at the Holiday Inn French Quarter on Royal Street in September. $109.95 before tax ($126.95 after) for two people in two beds. The rate includes free parking in a covered garage for up to 7 nights.

My family stayed there last July and were very pleased with it. It is older but clean and easy walking distance to all the tourist stuff in the French Quarter.

Took a taxi to the cruise port as it is too far to walk, especially with luggage in July heat!

• 2 weeks later...
We usually stay at Maison St Charles in the Garden District. It is close to the port and offers free parking during your cruise. It's a BEAUTIFUL hotel w/a pretty decent Continental Breakfast. http://www.maisonstcharles.com/

We loved Maison St. Charles when we stayed last year and it was reasonable with the "PBON" package.

We have also stayed at the Frechman Hotel, which was beautiful, but no cruise parking.

Since MSC is requiring a 4 night minimum for New Years Eve, we are trying Prytania Park this time. We shall see.

I just checked the rates for Holiday inn for our Dec 4th cruise. they want $209.00 Saints home game is that weekend, wonder if thats why the rate is double the price.

Call and ask if this hotel is participating in the Christmas New Orleans Style promotion (also known as Papa Noel special). This is during the month of December (but possibly not during the New Orleans Bowl game). Various hotels offer specials to have tourists come in during the holidays. It may be a little early for this though, since it is still the summer. It is sponsored by French Quarter Festivals. See this link:

http://www.neworleansonline.com/christmas/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived