Question about the Dream and upgrading..

thebeas

As it currently stands me and the future wife have a forward location balcony room on deck 6 booked. This is only my second cruise(first in about 10 years) and her first. I was looking at possibly upgrading and it looks like theres a little bit of everything still available from the aft-view extended balcony all the way up. So I was looking for recommendations on is it worth it to upgrade and if so why and if so where or should I just go with what I've got. Also can you upgrade online or do you have to call? Thanks

As it currently stands me and the future wife have a forward location balcony room on deck 6 booked. This is only my second cruise(first in about 10 years) and her first. I was looking at possibly upgrading and it looks like theres a little bit of everything still available from the aft-view extended balcony all the way up. So I was looking for recommendations on is it worth it to upgrade and if so why and if so where or should I just go with what I've got. Also can you upgrade online or do you have to call? Thanks

Such a subjective question.

Deck 6 forward.......hmm have you looked at the deck plans to see what is below you? I don't you exact location, but Deck five is a "activity" deck. Forward would be above the show lounge, I think. Are you early to bed? Might want to think about the noise (if I'm correct).

I had a aft long balcony "L" shaped room on her in Jan. It was above the Jazz club and about 6-7pm you could feel the base from the band, but we would be getting ready for dinner, so it was never a biggie.

The aft view (I'm guessing that is the extra long balconies) are worth it if you would like to just lay out on your own balcony instead of trying to find something out on deck. I hear there can be a little bit of soot that comes off the smoke stack though and b/c of the design people can kinda see down onto your balcony.

If you upgrade to a Spa balcony, you get to use the Thermal spa (like steam rooms, whirpool, saunas etc.), nicer robes, keepable slippers, spa products in your room, 2 free exercise classes, smoke free rooms and balconies.

The only other upgrade I can think of is a suite. Which usually just comes with more room and VIP boarding.

I just got back from the Dream and i would strongly suggest going to a cove balcony or go to a higher deck than 6 because you might be sitting on your balcony on 6 and 10 ft away someone may be sitting in one of the hot tubs on 5 looking at you.. Or some kids may me playing chess below you. Deck 6 balconies suck on the Dream class ships.. If you dont go Cove on 2 then i would not stay below deck 8 on a reg balcony. I stayed way fwd on 9 and enjoyed it. There was a door leading out to an area where you could walk out on top of the bridge on 9 and to be honest, i enjoyed the panoramic view there so much i didnt use my balcony very often. I will either book a cove balcony or an inside room on deck 9 fwd next time. PS- there is never ever anyone out there because unless you have a very fwd cabin on 9 you would not know the space exists.

There is a thread on page 1 now that meantions the problem with deck 6 balconys mid ship have the view blocked and no privacy.

If you are not booked ES you can downgrade to a cove which most prefer on this class of ship.. but very fore or aft where you said you are should be ok.

I did book early saver so I guess thats not an option or it still might be. I dont really know as like I said this will be my first cruise in a long time. And when I mean upgrade I also meant the possibility of staying with a balcony maybe just moving up a couple of decks and rather to midship or aft. Also nobody made mention of rather if I choose to upgrade if theres a way I can do it online or if I have to call carnival to set it up.

I did book early saver so I guess thats not an option or it still might be. I dont really know as like I said this will be my first cruise in a long time. And when I mean upgrade I also meant the possibility of staying with a balcony maybe just moving up a couple of decks and rather to midship or aft. Also nobody made mention of rather if I choose to upgrade if theres a way I can do it online or if I have to call carnival to set it up.

On Dream I would stay away from midship balconies. First two decks, the folks in the overhanging hot tubs can see into your balcony. Look at the ship on cruisedeckplans maybe and see where you are, and if you are close to the hot tubs on premanade

Archived