Nachi Cocum

JB8704

I was wondering if anyone could tell me their experience with Nachi Cocum. I've read most of the threads on the boards here and also at trip advisor on Nachi Cocum. There seem to be mixed reviews...they either really love it or do not like it. Many have commented that when first arriving the outside does not look nice at all. I'm not expecting a nice "Sandals" type resort, but would like something that is clean and has good food and nice pretty beach/water. We will be there on October 13th this year and would like to hear some other experiences. It will just be my husband and me (our first trip without our kids). Thanks!!:)

Are there any other resort type places that provide a day pass for cruise ship passengers? Thanks!

My husband and I were just there on July 26th. We enjoyed it a great deal. From the moment we arrived, we were waited on. We spent time both on the beach and at the pool. I must say that on the day we went, there was probably only about 60 guests, which I'm sure helped with the attentiveness of the waiter we had. Could not have asked for a better experience. Feel free to pm me if you have specific questions.

Were the bathrooms clean? Also, did you feel safe there? Thanks for your help!! ;)

Everything is clean at Nachi... Safe? You bet. Nachi is limited to 100 guests per day. The locals who work there have been there for ages. My good friend Carlos has been tending bar there for 18 years.

Lots of folks call Nachi Cocom 'heaven'...

:)

Jb, I have been to Nachi three times and enjoyed each time.

The entrance will make you wonder what you have gotten into, but

once inside it is nice. We were there in June with nine people and all had a good time. The pool has a swim up bar, so we sat in the pool and had drinks and the water was nice and clean.

One good thing is that only 100 people allowed in per day, so no chair hogs when you leave you chair. You can arrange to snorkel, parasail, rent jet skis from right on the beach. Just ask your waiter.

Food is very good and there is a large covered area to eat or you can eat under your palapa in your beach chairs. Hope this helps you out and any questions you have just ask and I will try and answer. Jerry

I love Nachi Cocom. I have been there three times, and have it reserved for my next cruise as well.

Beautiful clean beach, pool and hot tub with swim up bar, individual palapas with beach chairs, and hammocks. Three course meal and all drinks included.

We usually order an appetizer and drink and play in the ocean awhile then order lunch and more drinks and play in the pool. We just rotate back and forth between the ocean, our chair and the pool. A few people that go with me just sit in their chair and read. One or two like to sit in the open air restaurant. I have never made it to dessert, I am too full.

The drinks are great and you can order just about anything, including shots. I take the opportunity to try drinks that I have never ordered. I usually settle on one I love and order them through out the day.

You can also get a massage, go on a snorkeling trip, parasail, etc. for an extra cost.

They only take 100 people a day, so it is not crowded.

It's a short (8-10 min) taxi ride from the cruise terminal.

I would book it! Have a great cruise and congrats on the no kids thing!

We love Nachi. I knew going in the entrance may look a little unkempt, so I was surprised, it wasn't that bad, you are in Mexico.

The beach and water were so beautiful. Service, food and drink were awesome. Pool and spa were nice. Bathrooms were totally fine, felt totally safe there.

My kids loved it, when we went to Roatan the next day they wanted to go back to Nachi were it wasn't so jam packed with people. It's a very relaxing place, though so if you want a big party atmoshpere, go to one of the other beach clubs, they are all a lot of fun.

We went to Nachi last year for the first time. I agree with others, the entrance makes you wonder what have we gotten into. But once inside it is great.

There were only about 12-15 people there the day we were there. There was recent storms so the beach had a lot of seaweed. But the beach was still beautiful.

Upon arrival service was great. They were always coming around. However as the day went on the service got slower. Even after moving to the pool area, the service was slower.

You get a lot of food so ask for it at different times. Our group (4) shared everything and it was all good. Can't remember what we ate.

All that said, I would definitely go back there.

I've been to Nachi several times and really enjoyed it.

Yep, the entrance isn't anything to write home about, but once inside it's pretty nice.

I'll try to attach some of my pictures...

NachiCocum3.jpg

NachiCocum6.jpg

NachiCocum1.jpg

We LOVED nachi! I have already booked us again for our upcoming cruise... this time with the kids. SUPER excited to re-visit. 1000% safe there :)

And both times I booked straight through their website:

www DOT cozumelnachicocom DOT net

It seems like it's unanimous, and it should be. We tolerated Cozumel on our first trip there, but the next year we booked Nachi and now we can't wait to get back! We don't drink, but the service and the food are well worth the price! We'll be back there the first Monday in November, save us a seat!

We went to Nachi in December 2010. We have been to several places in Cozumel and we just found Nachi this last time....we won't go anywhere else ever again!!!! Nachi was FANTASTIC!!!! Super clean beach and private since they only allow 100 guests a day!!!! It is so relaxing and beautiful. I got a massage there! The food was great too! GO!!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT! The front gate is kind of run down looking but don't worry!!!!

We love Nachi Cocum! IT is the reason Cozumel is one of our favorite ports to visit! Our DD12 loves it as well! Especially the pool and swim up bar. She thinks it is so cool to order a virgin pina colada from the pool. :D

We went there a couple of years ago and it was great except the hot tub was full of kids!!! I thought we were back on the ship! Other than that, the food & drinks were awesome. Although, we've been to Mr. Sancho's the past two trips and that was great too. I think they're all pretty much the same.

Archived