Anes Chatenet

MDSilverado

Will be cruising to St Lucia next week. I am looking for a beach to spend the day. I am considering Anes Chastenet. I think I read that all beaches in St Lucia are public. So can I just take a taxi there, rent an umbrella and some chairs, buy food and drinks from their restraunt?

Our group of 4 paid (I think) 60 each. It was good in the van,,the last part of the road was a bit rough but OK. The beach is FANTASTIC! Fish everywhere,turtles and more. We went in the beach restaurant and had gret food a huge drinks,,very good priced. We did not rent a chair as we were in the water most of the time,,,didnt want to leave,,also clean and nice bathrooms to change in. The driver stayed there also and took us back on time. Pictures are in another post here by me. Enjoy!

Yup. Anse Chastanet is the way to go hands down!!! This is by FAR our fav beach in St Lucia if not in all of the Caribbean! You could also catch a water taxi there for a nice scenic and faster trip over to anse chastanet

Do you have any more information on catching the water taxi? I am trying to avoid the twisty, turny roads in St Lucia.

Hello blessedwith12/Prairie_Gal/cruiserone

My aunt use a small touring company in Soufriere, it pick as up at the cruise terminal and brought us back on time. You can check out their website........http://www.discoversoufriere.com

Hope this help

Cruisefan

I'd like to know about the water taxi too :)

Sigh... There are plenty of posts about water taxis.

Here is the short story:

1. You NEED to arrange, in advance, a water taxi to pick you up. They will NOT be waiting for you unless you make a reservation.
  2. I used Mystic Man, but there are several other companies you can use.

ROUGH estimate (YMMV) $80 per person for a group of 4.

Dennis

• 1 month later...

Me and the wife met a couple at our dinner table,,they had no plans so they went with us. We did get a taxi/van inside the fence(safer) and if it was a few buck more oh well,,it was a licensed taxi! He took us to this GREAT location,,,the bath rooms were free for us to use,,,we also went into the restaurant sitting on the beach(for hotel guests) and we ordered off the menu (free if you stay there). The food and drinks were beyong great and big and very good priced(cheaper that on the ship and way more adult liquid). We stayed in the water 90% of the time and I dint want to ever go back to the ship!

Hello blessedwith12/Prairie_Gal/cruiserone

My aunt use a small touring company in Soufriere, it pick as up at the cruise terminal and brought us back on time. You can check out their website........www.discoversoufriere.com

Hope this help

Cruisefan

Hi there.... so this tour co picks you up at the ships dock....And if I may ask which tour did you do? Lastly were they easy to contact and book??

Archived