Dawn open bars while docked in NYC?

Sail Happy

I will be on the Dawn on April 3, 2005. I was wondering with the crazy weather and all, if anyone knows what bars would be open when the weather is bad on embarkation day. I know that usually all cruise lines like to have a pool bar open, but I hope they won't on the Dawn if it's cold!

Any information would be greatly appreciated since we're cruising with other people and we'd like to have an idea of a good place to meet up.

Thanks!

I will be on the Dawn on April 3, 2005. I was wondering with the crazy weather and all, if anyone knows what bars would be open when the weather is bad on embarkation day. I know that usually all cruise lines like to have a pool bar open, but I hope they won't on the Dawn if it's cold!

Any information would be greatly appreciated since we're cruising with other people and we'd like to have an idea of a good place to meet up.

Thanks!

If you want a drink they will sell it. I cruised in Feb and no problem most of the bars will be open inside :)

Hi Sail Happy,

I think a great place to meet would be Spinnaker Lounge on Deck 12 in the front of the ship. The bar is open when you sail away and there are plenty of windows to see the sites of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. Get nice lounge seats right at the front so you can really see all around you. Relax and watch the ship go under the Verazzno Bridge. It is a great sight!!!

Enjoy!

Jeanne

If you want a drink they will sell it. I cruised in Feb and no problem most of the bars will be open inside :)

I always thought that there was some kind of rule that only allowed 2 or so bars to be open when docked--I guess not! Lucky me!

By all means stay out on deck as you sail out of NYC. It is amazing.

I sailed on December 30, and sure it was cold, but I loved being outside....along with MANY other passengers. By early April it should be in the 50's, so you should be fine. You must stand on deck as you sail under the Verrazzano, feels like you could reach out and touch the bridge. Get a cocktail and toast the skyline. You can head indoors later and warm up.

Archived