Character breakfast on Wonder

clwalkermn

I have a friend sailing for the first time on any cruise line and their family is sailing on the Wonder in November. She has a question about the character breakfast I cannot answer. The Passporter guide book states that the day is assigned to you based on the first restaurant in your dining rotation. It says, for example, if your first restaurant is Animators Palate then you would be assigned to the character breakfast on Sunday.

That doesn't make sense to her or to me. The ship departs and returns on Sunday. Why would they schedule anyone for character breakfast on the morning you return to port?

Can anyone enlighted me as to how character breakfast is scheduled?

First off, in 2011 for cruises to Mexico, the Wonder sails on Sundays. But prior to 2011, for cruises from Florida the Wonder sailed on a viety of different nights, as I recall. Thus the information you have is likely just a bit out of date. Or, it could be that the information listed is for a different DCL ship (such as the Magic) or for a different itinerary (such as Alaska). These are just guesses as I don't have a copy of the Passporter Guide.

On all the cruises, there are 6 total dinner sittings (3 different restaurants x 2 different times -- early and late). Depending on which of those seatings you are assigned, you will be told which day and time will be your character breakfast. I have never heard of people being assigned such a meal on disembarkation morning (so your instinct to doubt the information provided seems perfectly correct to me).

Archived