ROK - SYD on embarkation day?

It's still a long way off but I'll be booking flights soon and have a query...

Would you travel (fly) to Sydney on embarkation day if flew out of Rockhampton, or would you do this in the day before?

Our first flight out is 6.45am and with a connection in Brisbane we can be in Sydney by around 10.30am. If all goes to plan this would give us plenty of time to get to Wharf 5 for the 1pm boarding. BUT, what if there are delays, strikes, fog on the 13th???? We would hate to miss the boat :eek:.

We have flown down for cruises on E day in the past and were planning to do the same.

I ask because we have friends who always travel down the day before a cruise and after seeing them on the weekend, I think they have given us a scare.

What do most people who aren't Sydneysiders do?

It's still a long way off but I'll be booking flights soon and have a query...

Would you travel (fly) to Sydney on embarkation day if flew out of Rockhampton, or would you do this in the day before?

Our first flight out is 6.45am and with a connection in Brisbane we can be in Sydney by around 10.30am. If all goes to plan this would give us plenty of time to get to Wharf 5 for the 1pm boarding. BUT, what if there are delays, strikes, fog on the 13th???? We would hate to miss the boat :eek:.

We have flown down for cruises on E day in the past and were planning to do the same.

I ask because we have friends who always travel down the day before a cruise and after seeing them on the weekend, I think they have given us a scare.

What do most people who aren't Sydneysiders do?

Hi Anna,

I only live about an hour and a half away from sydney and I still go up the day before the cruise.:)

My reasoning is - What if there was a bad accident on the freeway and I cant get there in time.....lol paranoid I know.

If I am flying to a port, I am 100% flying up the day before. I would be horrified if something happened and I missed my cruise. Also it's a great way to squeeze in an extra day of my holiday.

Deidre.:)

Anna, personally would fly down the day before ..... coming from Rocky you would only need a hiccup at the start and all well laid down plans would be up the creek.

We usually go down the day before from the Gold Coast and enjoy the night before the cruise with no stressing. :D

See you from Yeppoon, been up there a few times as we have a couple of family living there. :)

Hi I'm with the above posters we always go the day before why? well a six thirty flight we booked got cancelled they ended up flying us out at 12 and just made the ship with 15mins to spare talk about stress, never again always the day before now.

Jacquie

The only exception would be if you booked air travel in combo with your cruise. Not always as cheap as some of the deals you can get direct, but when you add in the accommodation and transfer costs from the airport to the ship, its pretty line ball.

We had our TA sort out our flights as part of our cruise from Sydney to Perth in 2009. They did a great deal for us, even allowing us to spend extra days in Perth.

The advantages are that if there are any delays they will hold the ship ! Plus we found it great to be able to meet so many other cruisers at the airport and the transfer bus- a good way to start a fantastic cruise.

cheers

Archived