Ecstasy Karaoke

Me and my girls are sailing the Ecstasy on October 8. I know she is going to drydock and will be in New Orleans for a bit before she moves on. Do the ships keep their general itenarary as far as things like Karaoke? If so, can you tell me anything about the Ecstasy Karaoke schedule? We were on the Triumph last year and by the time we got through with late dining it was over an hour before any of our cruisers got to sing since they started so early.

Any input would be appreciated!

It's been a while since I've been on the Ecstasy (NYE 09-10); but I can tell you the Karaoke host then was something else. Keep this in mind - "Absolutely Brilliant!" - have fun!

Jay was on the Fascination in May. Best Karaoke host ever. Kim, who was on the Conquest as of July is very similar in style and demeanor

You're right, late diners miss most of the karoke session. My suggestion would be to fill out song slips before dinner and ask the karoke host if he would put an approxmiate time on them so you won't have to wait until 8 drunks perform before you. It's worth a try. Have fun.

You are correct....late seating isn't the best for the maximum karaoke time.

I would suggest that you get to know that KH and leave him/her your name and song selections BEFORE you go to dinner....then they can work you in when you arrive....

You're right, late diners miss most of the karoke session. My suggestion would be to fill out song slips before dinner and ask the karoke host if he would put an approxmiate time on them so you won't have to wait until 8 drunks perform before you. It's worth a try. Have fun.

Perfect solution!!

The "theory" is that if they start at 7PM...late seating will sing BEFORE they go to dinner. But they don't take into account that most folks are getting READY for dinner (especially us ladies) during that time.....

Thanks for the tips, all!

I just don't remember it being an issue until last year on the Triumph..I guess it's because the bigger ships just have more singers!

There are just two of us that sing but they are both those singers that get the crowd going with fun songs which is so sorely needed after 45 minutes of "Wind Beneath my Wings" Divas and drunk groups of gigglers..lol.

How late does Karaoke last? I have late seating, but I don't want to miss out!

On some ships and some nights they go til 11 or 12. On others, they are finished by 10. Some of their decisions are based on crowd size, crowd demographics, bar sales, and need for the room or KH. Ships often double up the room with the comedian or a live band and they have to end karaoke before the other acts go on. Sometimes the room is empty after karaoke and they can extend it (if the KH isn't also doing something else).

So a lot of the variables differ from ship to ship and even from sailing to sailing.

Bob

On some ships and some nights they go til 11 or 12. On others, they are finished by 10. Some of their decisions are based on crowd size, crowd demographics, bar sales, and need for the room or KH. Ships often double up the room with the comedian or a live band and they have to end karaoke before the other acts go on. Sometimes the room is empty after karaoke and they can extend it (if the KH isn't also doing something else).

So a lot of the variables differ from ship to ship and even from sailing to sailing.

Bob

thanks, Bob...this is why I'm asking about Ecstasy :p.

Me and my girls are sailing the Ecstasy on October 8. I know she is going to drydock and will be in New Orleans for a bit before she moves on. Do the ships keep their general itenarary as far as things like Karaoke? If so, can you tell me anything about the Ecstasy Karaoke schedule? We were on the Triumph last year and by the time we got through with late dining it was over an hour before any of our cruisers got to sing since they started so early.

Any input would be appreciated!

We just got off the Ecstasy in July, Karaoke started at 8:00. First hour was for under 18 and at 9:00 adults only. Ended at 12:00. We watched some Karaoke every night & other shows too.

Archived