San Diego Hotel?

BalconyBumz

Where is a decent place close to the ship to stay in San Diego? I believe I've seen someone say the Holiday Inn Bay? Is that the one?

You can't get any closer to the port from there. I've never stayed there since I live in the area so I can't comment on the rooms. Its right across the street from the pier.

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/san-diego/sanem/hoteldetail

There are two different Holliday Inns in the area. One is near the dock and another one is a mile or so up the coast. The farther one lets you leave your car parked there while you are on the cruise. They do a shuttle to the dock.

Unfortunately, parking is not free at that Holiday Inn (between the pier and the airport). I never stayed there, but once I almost did.

The pier also is very close to the W Hotel, Marriott, and something else. Horotn Plaza - one of the city's biggest shopping malls - is next to a hotel. You can walk to those too.

Whether you stay at Holiday Inn on the Bay or closer to shopping and restaurants, you will have no problem finding places to go without a rental car. In San Diego, you cannot get bored.

Archived