Karaoke -- digital or disc?

terri910

We are planning on taking a cruise on either the Liberty or the Conquest in December. A friend of ours who designs karaoke systems tells us that Carnival is changing over ALL of their ships to his digital system. Has anyone been on either one of these ships just lately who could tell us if they are running digital or discs at this time? If it is the system we're told it is, there is like a little kiosk where you enter your name and your song on a monitor, and input it yourself. It's a neat system, we hope they have it!

If this has been discussed before, my apologies; I haven't been on the boards for a very long time.

Also....just out of curiosity, have the "legends" changed in the Carnival Legends Show? I thought I read a Facebook post by John Heald about someone complaining about the person 'cast' as Bruce Springsteen in the Legends show......Springsteen would be a new one to us!

I too, have heard a lot about the changing of the "Legends" show, but so far (I've sailed as recently as 2 months ago) it's still the same show, and "Legends" as always. (Nope, no Springsteen) Frankly, Springsteen wasn't one of the new "Legends" that I'd been told were going to be next anyway. (Closest was Neil Diamond, Sweet Caroline)

To reiterate, I've been hearing a lot about the "new digital karaoke system" that Carnival is going to, but once again, I sailed on the "Dream", one of the newest ships, and they didn't have that system. They did have a digital system, but not the one you're referring to, and they still had the disc system as well. I always bring a few of my own discs, and they have always been able to play those for me.

I hope you have a GREAT cruise, and be advised that the last time I sailed "Liberty" the karaoke was really, really GOOD!

"SKY"

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you. I like the idea of digital AND disc.

I wouldn't mind them making some "Legends" changes, but Springsteen wouldn't be my choice to replace ANYone. Neil Diamond would be ok.....and I think Tina Turner is more of a legend than Brittany Spears, but what do I know? :D

HAL had the computerized music & my dad hated it. Not only was there a limited amount of music from his era (Sinatra, D. Martin, etc) but the arrangements were too different to sing to "cold". When he asked for a preview, the staff refused to help (hopefully, Carnival will be better).

I asked John H about whether you can bring your own discs for the Talent show on his Facebook & this is what he replied:

"

John Heald well they can if they wish but we have a very talented orchestra who have the ability to play most songs so in fact they have a choice and its always better to sing with live music I think. I wish I could be there to hear them and tell us all about it when you get back. Cheers Cheri"

I've also heard that if you bring your own discs, they will program the music into the system & give you your disc back.

We are planning on taking a cruise on either the Liberty or the Conquest in December. A friend of ours who designs karaoke systems tells us that Carnival is changing over ALL of their ships to his digital system. Has anyone been on either one of these ships just lately who could tell us if they are running digital or discs at this time? If it is the system we're told it is, there is like a little kiosk where you enter your name and your song on a monitor, and input it yourself. It's a neat system, we hope they have it!

If this has been discussed before, my apologies; I haven't been on the boards for a very long time.

Also....just out of curiosity, have the "legends" changed in the Carnival Legends Show? I thought I read a Facebook post by John Heald about someone complaining about the person 'cast' as Bruce Springsteen in the Legends show......Springsteen would be a new one to us!

We were on the Conquest in April. I noticed the karaoke hostess (is that an official title? :rolleyes:) had a binder full of discs that she used. They certainly could have changed since then, though.

Hope that helps.

Archived