Volendam - General Notes

Krazy Kruizers

Yonnie -- Good to read your commentary - hope your trip back was good. We got back last night from our two back to backs on the Volendam and now we have to unpack.

I thought the menus were uninspired on both cruises. Luckly the last 10 days had a new chef who made traditional escargots bourguignonne rather than than snails in cream sauce, as in the first ten days. I would like to see them offer caviar on the farwell dinner, but that seems to be a thing of the past.

The most grevious sin was the almost total lack of raisins in the Stolle Raisin Buns. Breakfast was not the same.

I know, - picky, picky, picky. but those small things do make for a postitive expirience.

We had our anniversary dinner in the Pinnacle and it was excellent. -- Ive yet to have a bad meal in the Pinnacle.

Will be on the Oosterdam in May, which will be our first cruise on a Vista class ship.

the2ofus

The hotel manager was Mark Pells.

The Food and Beverage Manager was was Gerald Zagler.

There is a new F/B Manager, as of last week - Craig Duchesne (though I think I am spelling his last name wrong!) He had the pleasure of meeting him on a previous voyage as the Asst. F/B Mgr and I am certain he will turn things around quickly. He is a wonderful young man.

It could have been miscalculation, definitley. But, it was more likely a delivery error; maybe not weather related, but delayed somehow. If it was a miscalculation, I'm sure the Controller is paying the price!!

It is definitely the Controller who is in charge of provisioning - we have met several of them on various cruises.

Archived