Disney dream excursions

TREVORSILL

Family of 2 grandparents (58) parents (40) and grandsons 10 and 5-

going to orlando 4 days before the disney dreamcruise (3 days) in October 2011.

Just going to do SeaWorld in Orlando. Should we go ahead and do a waterpark in Orlando instead of Atlantis waterpark? If so which one-DISNEYS BLIZZARD BEACH, TYPHOON LAGOON OR AQUATICA? All

Been to atlantis before and have done the sea lions, dolphin swim and waterpark-loved the lazy river. However the 5 year old hasnt.

If you stay on the ship are there plenty of activities going On?

Help

The 5 year old, I am guessing, would not be tall enough (48") to do a lot of the slides at Atlantis, which is something to consider. I think you would enjoy staying on the ship - 3 days is too short for a cruise, IMO, and you will never lack for things to do.

As far as the parks, it's been years since I was at Typhoon Lagoon, but we did take our kids to Aquatica right after it opened, and we really liked it. Smaller kids (42" and over) can go on almost everything, sometimes requiring an adult present. You can get multi-park passes for SeaWorld/Aquatica, since they are owned by the same company, so that may save you money. I looked at Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon for our upcoming November trip (we are also going a few days early) and we decided that our 6 year old could go on more at Aquatica (and it does help that we have annual passes for the Anheuser Busch parks, including Aquatica).

Something else to consider...Legoland is opening October 15 in central Florida. I'm not sure what time of the month you are going....

We are travelling with a 6yr old and like you we have experienced Atlantis we are choosing to stay on the ship at port I think it will be the only time the aquaduck will be slow, and try out the ships pool. We will use our castaway cay day for exploring and enjoying the beach. As for your time in Florida have you considered going to a Disney park?

Archived