Another nail I don't like

zcat

Did it AGAIN. I always wear OPI I'm not really a waitress. I wear a lot of red both as a main color and as a accent. Decided to buy a lighter color. Bought Let them eat rice cake last night. Looked super on the tape she tried the color on. Pretty in bottle. Looked super under the lamp bulb as I put it on last night. Looks yuckie on me today. It is a lovely pink - too pink for me. Pink on my skin, or nails nooooo way. Should have bought a shade of white I guess. I wish I could take it back, hummmm we should all be able to take it back when we don't like the color. Now what do I do with it???? I always give the new bottles to my daughter in law but I want something for me. Boy I hate throwing money away. Thanks for listening I just want to complain cause I feel sorry for me. Oh well back to I'm not really------ Judy

Are you sure you can't take it back? Some stores don't advertise it, but they will allow you to return makeup, even if its been opened. I've even returned a lipstick where the brush was colored from that first use, but they refunded my money with no questions. I would give it a try, as that OPI sure ain't cheap! :)

What is your skin tone if you don't mind me asking...? Usually I'm pretty good at recomending colors that look good on people (if you're interested) Sorry to hear about tht, don't you hate it when that happens. Its like when an article of clothing looks FABULOUS on the rack/mannequin and looks awful on you. Terrible! I get so excited just to have my hopes drown when it makes me look like the doughboy ;) LOL

Bethwte: I love rust clothing when it comes out in the fall. BUT I look so horrible in rust I don't even want to think about it.Sure is pretty and not for me, just like pink nail polish. OK so what about a white color. Oh dear I caqn see the eyes rolling at that question. Honest it looks great on me. What are your thoughts on a white color? Judy

I can't wear white nail polish (I'm blonde, blue-eyed and pale (Russian looking, not quite scadanavian)), it washes me out and looks kind of sickly actually! LOL I like it on other people though :) I like lighter opaque colors like white on people with darker skin, but if its lighter, sometimes it just looks better if you use a sheerer (is that a word? LOL) version. White (sheer rather than opaque), very light pink, and light beiges are very much in fashion at the moment though, so you're in luck :)

Personally,(for summer/cruises) I just wear coral toes and a very sheer pink nail color. Just enough to give my nails a healthy looking glow and shine.

Sidenote: I have to admit, when I first read your post all I could think of was WHITE opaque polish, and it reminded me of the time I got bored at bring-your-daughter-to-work day at age 8 and painted my nails with white out! :p LOL

Judy, funny you should mention a white color. I have on a white OPI color right now, Kyoto Pearl. Not sure, but it might be discontinued now, but I do know I have another bottle at home that is very close to it, it might be the newer version but can't remember the name? If you just put a few coats on, its a nice fairly sheer white shimmer. I usually add a coat or more just because I like the more solid color as it appears looking at the bottle. Just an fyi - sometimes you can find OPI cheaper on eBay, although when you add in S&H, it can run around the same price as the store; although its great when you can find a discontinued color.

Archived