Rainbow Falls

Carmic

Can anyone tell me far it would be to walk at the Rainbow Falls Park on the Big Island of Hawaii to see the waterfalls. We have a person in our group who would love to see the falls, but is not able to walk too far.

Thanks,

Carol

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow Falls' beauty really varies depending on the amount of rain... mo da betta. For a bigger waterfall, Akaka Falls outside of Hilo is very nice, but it does require 15minutes of walking from the parking lot. Rainbow Falls is viewable right there from the parking lot (ok, maybe 1 minute of walking).

Akaka falls are very nice - the hike is kind of nice to if you want to see some the botanical sites. Lots of interesting plants.

We actually passed on rainbow falls when we went due to the low rain during our visit which reduces the falls.

If you are doing the Volcano Park on your own, will you come across Akaka Falls? Or is in in a different direction? We are renting a car in Hilo to go to the Park , but I LOVE waterfalls!! I guess I just need to find a good map of each Island that we plan to drive on, huh? ;)

Archived