Holiday Decorations on the Star?

livnowensmom

will be cruising 12/18 from Tampa..just wondering if we would be able to "decorate" the cabin. My little one (8) is having a hard time with the idea of being away from home during Santa time.. Of course I toldhim that santa would find him whereever he is, but I think it would be fun if we could bring decorations from home...

I got some cute Christmas window clings for our Christmas cruise - they took up no space in the suitcases, and dressed up the mirrors and windows. We also took some other flat, hanging dollar store decorations. Not the way I would decorate at home, but it was perfect to make the room festive without adding bulk or weight to our bags.

I got some cute Christmas window clings for our Christmas cruise - they took up no space in the suitcases, and dressed up the mirrors and windows. We also took some other flat, hanging dollar store decorations. Not the way I would decorate at home, but it was perfect to make the room festive without adding bulk or weight to our bags.

just what I was thinking! thanks!!

Go ahead and decorate! Buy Dollar store stuff so you can just toss it if you like. Just don't bring flammables.

Last year for Christmas I sent DS a small tree (12 inch tall fiber optic) for his room along with some of the cheap plastic wall decorations from the dollar store- Santa looking in thru a snowy window and a brick fireplace with a fire. He put them up in his room along with some other small decorations. I try to send something funny each year. This year it was the wall stuff. He got a kick out of those.

One year I sent him a tree that was decorated with seashells that I hot glued to the tree. It was cute. This year the tree was red and silver with a huge silver star on top!

Santa does also come to the ship so be sure and check the daily to see if Santa will be there. Hard to say since the 25th is a turn-around day so he might show up on Christmas Eve instead of on Christmas day like he usually does.

Go ahead and decorate! Buy Dollar store stuff so you can just toss it if you like. Just don't bring flammables.

Last year for Christmas I sent DS a small tree (12 inch tall fiber optic) for his room along with some of the cheap plastic wall decorations from the dollar store- Santa looking in thru a snowy window and a brick fireplace with a fire. He put them up in his room along with some other small decorations. I try to send something funny each year. This year it was the wall stuff. He got a kick out of those.

One year I sent him a tree that was decorated with seashells that I hot glued to the tree. It was cute. This year the tree was red and silver with a huge silver star on top!

Santa does also come to the ship so be sure and check the daily to see if Santa will be there. Hard to say since the 25th is a turn-around day so he might show up on Christmas Eve instead of on Christmas day like he usually does.

love the seashell xmas tree idea!! I think I will keep it a secret that we may get a visit from Santa!

• 1 month later...

We too are on the 12/18 Star out of Tampa and I was hoping to use removable adhesive Christmas decorations on our door with our first names on them so that we could more easily find our room. I hope they don't make us remove them! I can't imagine why they would object. :confused: We have used door decorations on other (non NCL) cruises this way and it was nice to see these decorations as the hallways are quite boring.

• 1 month later...
We too are on the 12/18 Star out of Tampa and I was hoping to use removable adhesive Christmas decorations on our door with our first names on them so that we could more easily find our room. I hope they don't make us remove them! I can't imagine why they would object. :confused: We have used door decorations on other (non NCL) cruises this way and it was nice to see these decorations as the hallways are quite boring.

We were on the Epic last year and had no problem with door decorations. Hopefully it won't be a problem this year.

Archived