Alternative Shopping in Mexican Riviera ?

Ranyw

Hello !

We are planning a Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard Carnival. I love shopping around electronic, collectible or second hand stores (i.e. salvation army type). The closest thing is the Walmart in PV. Does anyone know of anything else ?

Thanks

Rany

I wish we did! The closest thing we have here is the tiangis by the Santuario de Guadalupe church but it is only open on Saturday and Sunday so that doesn't help you. It is kinda like a little flea market with vendors selling second hand stuff (and some new stuff too).

Mexico is not a "throw away" society. Most people use their things until they are dead :)

If they have things for sale they usually have a bazar (like a garage sale). Puerto Vallarta has some consignment shops but not very exciting.

Unique Consigment on Basilio Badillo is one- it is by Unique ATV tours.

That explains the VW taxis in Acapulco

Sandy in Spain

Until maybe 5 years ago, possibly slightly longer than that, Mexico was the only country in which the VW "bugs" ("vocho's in Spanish) were still manufactured ... long after their production was discontinued in other parts of the world. The VW's, still in use in Acapulco, are perfect for the narrow, winding mountain-side streets. I'll miss them when they're gone.

Archived