Getting from airport to ship (port canaveral)

dogchopper

I've been on a few cruises but have always driven to the port but this time my sister and I are cruising together and she lives in Michigan and I live in North Carolina. So, we were gonna fly into Orlando and meetup there. I just looked on carnivals site, is it really 70 bucks each to shuttle us to the airport??? (round trip) or is there a cheaper way of doing this?? That is half the price of my air fare!!

It's almost better to stay in a hotel with a free shuttle service? I've heard of that, but never tried that either.

Any suggestions?

We just return Saturday from our Dream Cruise. We flew red eyes on Thursday and arrive Friday morning at Orlando. Rented a van and stay one night at Rosen Centre for $53 a night. Friday we went to Premium outlets and at night to Downtown disney. In the morning we drove to Pt Canaveral then return van and take free shuttle to port. Got discount code from thread on this forum to save on our rentals. If you have more than 4 people then one way rental is cheaper then shuttle. Good luck.

Suggestions are to try the Florida depatures boards, in particular the I work in port canaveral thread to discuss. All your answers are there.

Sounds like a cheap transfer to me for so far away. No hotels go from the coast all the way inland to the middle of the state/Orlando with free shuttles.

We are sailing the Dream at the end of October and I read up a lot on this subject before booking. I looked at renting a car, but it's not really that economical for just two people. There is a transportation company that provides roundtrip shuttle for about $40 per person. Their website is cruisexpressfla dot com.

We're coming in the day before the cruise so we booked the Fly, Snooze & Cruise package at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. For $200 they provide hotel room, breakfast and transportation from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the port and from the port to the airport after the cruise. Seemed like a no-brainer for us. A nice hotel room was going to run us probably $80-$100 anyhow and if you factor in the $40 per person shuttle, that's $160-$180. I was up for paying the extra $40-$20 not to have to worry about any of it once it was booked. After all... I'm on vacation darnit!

Happy sailing! :)

Archived