just return / Inspiration review

seaboat

I just returned from a 5 days cruise on the Inspiration. I enjoyed the cruise a great deal. The ship was beautiful, well maintained and clean. The food was delicious as well. The ship stopped in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We did the Stingray excursion through Soto's (not part of the cruise excursion; it's cheaper, safe and good) This was the best part of our cruise. We did not do much in Cozuemel, except shop at the port. We actually enjoyed the pool and deck, while everybody else was off the ship. The sold out cruise was full of families. There were tons of kids ranging from toddlers to high schoolers. It was a happy environment.

Happy cruising!!!:cool:

We just returned from our vacation on the inspiration. We were one of the families that dedicated 3 children to the count of over 700 children who sailed this past week on the Inspiration. My younger son although needed some prodding enjoyed Camp Carnival. My teenagers spent countless hours hanging out with their new found shipmates by the ping-pong table and karoke lounge.

We too, went on the stingray excursion but we booked through the cruiseline. Our excusion was late departing and arriving back to the ship. I often worried that if we booked outside the cruiseline we could risk being left behind if the excusion was late returning. We enjoyed the stingrays and felt it was an interesting adventure that we could not have done at home. But, I agree with you the excursion was overpriced.

We also enjoyed Cozumel and spent time at the mayan ruins which was really good. Again, it was overpriced. Next time, we will do less excursions and spend more time by the pool like you when the crowds are off the ship-that way I could actually enjoy the jacuzzi!:)

cruisinonmymind,

Yes, there is a Sushi bar, it is by the Piano bar. I don't think there is a fee.

I do have all 5 Capers, but not the menu. Sorry, but I do not hav a scanner, so I can not e-mail them to you. I remember there was lobster on formal night. For breakfast it was scrabble eggs, pancakes or french toast, bacon, sausage, bread, bagels, cereals, fruits, danish, pizza, ice cream, etc... It was very good..... There was ton of food and my kids and I ate alot of it with great pleasure. LOL. You will have a great time........

We also just got back from the Inspiration and had a really good time. My youngest only went to Camp Carnival once and seemed like didn't have much fun so he never went back. He had alot of fun with all the other activites. If anyone has any questions ask away. One thing I didn't know was that if you want a lounge chair you have to put your stuff on it at breakfast time and return later to claim it. I know people have complained on these boards about saving chairs but everyone does it and it makes it impossible for those who don't know the scoop to get one. If I every cruise again I will do the same thing as everyone else in order to have a chair to watch my kids from. Make sure you go to the Midnight buffet in the dining room. It is only offered once and it was some of the best food we had on the ship. I was pretty full so I only had dessert but it was the best dessert I had on the cruise. I wish the last night they had something a little more special than the 11:30 buffet in the Brasserie. It was kind of a let down the night before we went home. The last night show in the Paris lounge was good though and worth seeing, as were all the shows.

• 3 weeks later...

About how long did it take for your Grand Cayman tender. We have an 8:30 excursion through Capt. Marvins and have to be at their office by 8 with the ship docking there at 7. I want to be sure we'll make it.

Archived