What is the most "Forward" you can get on Star?

winste

Our last cruises, on HAL's Veendam and Maasdam, you could all the way to the very tip of the bow.

As much as I hate to make the connection, it was like a "Titanic" moment. Standing on the very tip of the bow, or about 5 feet away but still on the rail, was pretty cool.

Any chance of doing that on the Star?

Granted it was a few year ago we did that on HAL but the rush of the wind being broken by the bow was pretty cool.

If not, what is the best place to get a "nothing between me and the ocean but air" type experience?

I am getting the itch.

Can't help you specifically with the Star, but I've never seen the bow deck open to the public on any NCL ship. There is one cruise line whose ships have a covered walkway all the way around the bow of the ship. I don't think it was HAL, but can't remember for sure.

On the Spirit, there is a walkway forward on deck 13, that goes in front of all the satellite antennas, and had no glass windbreak. It's a great view, and could be close to your "Titanic" moment, although you're so high off the sea that the sensation of forward motion over the water is reduced.

I think the best option is a forward facing suite, with their huge balconies. Love them!

Other than having a forward suite, the most forward you can get is on 13. There are glass panels to block the wind but we've seen many people standing on the little stools (tiny tables) to get their heads and possibly shoulders above the glass.

You can see down to the bow but it is for crew only, as others have mentioned. We always thought it would be fun to get out there too.

We had a boat and the kids loved to ride on the bow, legs dangling over, leaning on the railing that was only about 12-15 inches high. Dad only let them do that when we weren't going real fast though. Just moseying through areas where we had to go slower.

Archived