Curling irons on board?

cellgirl99

Curling irons are fine. Have never had one taken away, I even verified that a flat iron was okay... It's clothes irons that are not allowed. Here is the list of things not allowed on the ship.

Safety Precautions due to "Safety Precautions", the following items are not permitted onboard:

Irons

Heating Pads

Candles

No Weapons Policy: Due to our "No Weapons Policy" and heightened security, guests are not permitted to bring on board:

Firearms or weapons of any kind

Pepper spray and mace

Safety Concerns: Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board nor are permitted on board:

Bicycles

Surfboards

Scooters

Boats/Canoes

Scuba Tanks (empty or full)

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

Roller Blades/Skates

Snorkel Gear

Skateboards

Golf Clubs

Fishing Rods (packed)

Tennis Rackets

Kites (packed)

Miscellaneous Concerns

Musical Instruments:For the comfort of all our guests, musical instruments can only be brought on board if the guest is performing and this performance has been pre-approved by the Group Department.

Radios/Boom Boxes: For the comfort of all our guests, radios and boom boxes can be used with headphones or ear pieces when used in public areas.

Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life-preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board.

Metal Detectors: Guests are not permitted to use metal detectors on board because anything found on board would "belong" to Carnival Cruise Lines. We would then try to return the item to the guest.

Wrapped Gifts: Guests may bring wrapped gifts on board; however, due to heightened security, the gift may have to be unwrapped, upon request.

VCRs/Nintendo/Play Units: These items cannot be utilized on board because of the incompatibility of the units with the stateroom televisions.

Fish Caught on Fishing Expeditions: The fish cannot be brought on board; it must be shipped home.

I took my curling iron on the Miracle. On Day 2, it broke and stopped heating up. I put it in the trash. My room steward must have thought it landed there by accident, and pulled it out and placed it back on the vanity again. I tried to buy a new one, but with no luck. The salon said they would gladly style my hair for me, but could not sell me a new iron. Needless to say, I felt I looked a fright, especially on formal night. Glad it was one of those times when we knew no one else on board.

Archived