help on visas

prissy45

Having been on 8 world cruises with Holland,we have always had to get our own Visa's for India,and China when needed,and they administer the rest of the Visas when we are onboard,and charge your cabin for these at a reasonable cost. They will not let you board if you do not have your India Visa at the start of the cruise(this may have changed but if you do not have it you will not be aloud off the ship in India) China unless you are doing an overland 2012 you will not need a visa. Nearly forgot BRAZIL we had to get ourselves for 2012 and we got a 10yr Visa. I am sure when we receive the info from Holland usually around Oct. it will talk about Visas,we like to get this done well in advance. Happy sailings especially around the WOLRD Alsas

Sorry all this info I gave you is for American Citizens,did not realise that you were from Canada. I think you have different requirements. Also you can call the Holland World Desk and they should!!!!! be able to give you the correct info. Alsas

our agent from HAL doesnt seem to be worried about Visa's for the world cruise. Is anyone out there working on theirs

Welcome to CC. Be sure to join the roll call for the world cruise. It is quite active, and by reading through the pages of posts, a lot of your questions will be answered.

donna

prissy45 ---

I, too, encourage you to go to the Roll Call for the 2012 World Voyage of the ms Amsterdam and sign up with your given names and hometown, with an indication of the length of your voyage (whether full 112 days or not). There you find answers to many of your possible questions. A Private Roll Call is being maintained by happyglobetrotter, whose address is on the Roll Call list. She would like to have your last names for purposes of contacting you on the ship for special meetings.

Also, I would advise you to handle the securing of Visas for Brazil and India at the same time with a firm that does such matters. See the www.hollandamerica.com website. You do not need a Visa for China if you are only going to Hong Kong and not inland.

Don.

Archived