Dress Code on Lirica

RSGS315

We are sailing on the MSC Lirica on 3/31. Can any past passengers tell me what the general dress code is in the evening? How many formal nights are on the 11 night cruise, and do men wear tuxedos or dinner jackets on formal nights?

My husband would like to bring his tuxedo, as he will be able to wear it for 2 or 3 nights, depending on how many formal nights are onboard, and that makes packing a lot easier. I have a black dinner suit with long skirt and also pants, that I could bring and wear it with several different tops to change the look.

We don't believe in overpacking, but would like to be dressed correctly.

Thank you for your response.

Ginnie

Ginnie,

on our last LIRICA cruise, november 5-16 2004, there were 3 formal nights. One was Captains-gala-evening. Men wore tuxedo's or dinner jackets. About 25-30 %. Rest dark suits.

Personaly I think it is a bit looselier then HAL or Celebrity, more like RCCL.

Henri.

For those who for one reason or another do not choose to dress formally, are there alternate dining arrangements available for the formal nights, short of room service? Having just done three NCL cruises, I am sort of 'spoiled' in terms of eating when, where, and dressed how I wish. On my one other set-seating cruise, there was a buffet (informal dress ok) available during those formal nights in the assigned dining room.

Archived