Get a Price Adjustment

jeans997

I booked a princess cruise last week and with the three day sale they have going on this week, called to see if I could get a price adjustment. Not only did they do it but they also gave me the onboard credit that they are offering as well!

Just thought I'd pass this along.

I booked a princess cruise last week and with the three day sale they have going on this week, called to see if I could get a price adjustment. Not only did they do it but they also gave me the onboard credit that they are offering as well!

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Be aware that now that you have done that if, for any reason you cancel the cruise, you will lose your deposit.

Why would that happen?

The 3 day sail is for new bookings only. So, what your TA did was cancel your booking and rebook you under the sale regulations. We have two cruises booked for March and discusse it with our TA. There was an overall savings of about $200, however if we had to cancel we would lose $400 in our FCC deposit. That's just the way it works.

yes we looked at the cruise we have booked for Sept but it is for new bookings only - no refund - so we would have to cancel the cruise - penalty currently would be $78 each, so the savings in the end would only be $25

But looked at my fall cruises and we still got a better price when we booked.

but I am glad you found a better price and obc.

enjoy your cruise

The 3 day sail is for new bookings only. So, what your TA did was cancel your booking and rebook you under the sale regulations. We have two cruises booked for March and discusse it with our TA. There was an overall savings of about $200, however if we had to cancel we would lose $400 in our FCC deposit. That's just the way it works.

The OP didn't say anythig about FCC - I think she/he meant that cheaper price came with OBC as part of the sale. Under those circumstances I don't think they'd lose their deposit, right?

You would still lose your deposit. The 3-day sale comes with restrictions - including the fact that it is non-refundable/non-transferable. We went ahead and took advantage of the offer though for our March 2012 sailing to Hawaii. It was about $150 less than the price we paid through our TA and we received an additional $150 obc. Of course we had to cancel our existing reservation and re-book at the new price. Luckily we were able to get the same cabin originally booked (E719).

Archived