Breast Cancer Walk

OldGrayMare

Are there breast cancer walks on Celebrity Cruises? We will be on the Equinox in February. The Emerald Princess had a walk a couple of years ago called "On the deck for the Cure". It had a very big turn out. The cost was $15 if I remember right.

Are there breast cancer walks on Celebrity Cruises? We will be on the Equinox in February. The Emerald Princess had a walk a couple of years ago called "On the deck for the Cure". It had a very big turn out. The cost was $15 if I remember right.

I've never seen one. We participated in 'On Deck for the Cure' on HAL and it was very well supported. Many crew members walked with us, and others cheered us on. The cost was $15, and some passengers who didn't walk put donations into containers around the deck. The wrap around promenade deck was perfect for the walk.

Sheila

Sheila, Thanks for the quick reply:) Nice to hear there are walks on HAL. I may need to contact someone at Celebrity to see way not on Celebrity!

Maridee

I am a survivor and would love to see something like this. With the demographics that Celebrity has, there will be many of us onboard as well as many of us who have a friend or family member that is battling this disease.

I am a survivor and would love to see something like this. With the demographics that Celebrity has, there will be many of us onboard as well as many of us who have a friend or family member that is battling this disease.

Agreed. I am a survivor too. I seem to recall (I'm sure someone will tell me if I am mistaken) that there was a Cancer fundraiser associated with the Eclipse naming ceremony in UK.

Sheila

I've been on many X cruises and have never seen any kind of charity event on board.

:( We have never seen a chairty event on a Celebrity ship either!!!!!!!!

If it's something Celebrity can't make money on they don't do it. We have not been on a Celebrity ship since last November, in the past we would do two or three cruises a year with them. We've been sailing Holland a lot, they do (On Deck for The Cure), and have many other chairty events.

Inside the large information binder (navy colour) found in the staterooms, there is a mention of the charity that Celebrity is connected with. Nothing about how to donate onboard, but a website is given for Make a Wish Foundation. A few years back, there were postcards of drawings that children had done and these were left on your pillow along with a chocolate.

When travelling, I like giving to a worthy cause ( Donation Box in a church, etc.) - it helps with the Karma.

Archived