Epic B6 stateroom

Larrydano

Sharon and I are excited about planning our 22nd cruise, (#11 on NCL) a March 3rd, 2012 NCL Epic cruise. We have narrowed our stateroom choice down to a B6 large balcony.

I understand that the interior space is the same as other balcony cabins but the balcony can be significantly larger in a B6. I do know that I would like the bed to be on the balcony end of the cabin instead of the cabin entry door side as I have read that the cabin seems bigger and movement is easier when the bed is by the balcony.Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to specific staterooms or particular locations and know if the balconies are covered, not, or 1/2 covered???

The other question I have is-does the Epic dock so the port side cabins are on port side when docking on an eastern Caribbean itinerary?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am booked on the Epic in a B6 the week before you. I had read about the cabin layout too and was able to pick out a cabin based on the deck plans on the website (you can tell by the curve where the bed should be). I hope the deck plans are correct! We are in 12092.

I can't really answer your questions but am curious about the same things as you too.

We are booked in 11075 for our trip in April '12. Per our NCL rep this room has a 97 sq ft balcony along with the 'normal' sized interior. We were originally booked for a different B6 room that had a 79 sq ft balcony so we jumped at the opportunity for more room at the same cost.

Bed is near the balcony and the elevator is just around the corner (for better or worse.) I was also told by NCL that this side of the ship was preferred when docking for the best views of the port city. Haven't seen it with my own eyes but based on my rep's promises we are excited about having this specific room.

Booked cabin 11192 B6. The larger balcony is terrific. Definitely would book a cabin with bed nearest the balcony. The other plan has the sink right at the foot of the bed! (The deluxe balcony cabin is longer, and I believe sink position is better.)

As far as port or starboard best for docking? It depends on whether or not the captain backs in or not! Haven't you ever noticed how men like to back their pickup trucks into a parking place? It's way more fun. :D

156945600_BALCONY11192.jpg.050d0f500f79bcd1e9ba9b16fb68d4f0.jpg

Thank you for the picture! I am not so fussy about which side of the ship, I like the view either way! I usually get a balcony cabin on the aft but decided to go with the extended balcony on NCL since the Aft balconies weren't bigger as on other lines (Carnival, Royal and Celebrity).

ETA: just realized we are on the port side so I guess we got a great cabin!

Booked cabin 11192 B6. The larger balcony is terrific. Definitely would book a cabin with bed nearest the balcony. The other plan has the sink right at the foot of the bed! (The deluxe balcony cabin is longer, and I believe sink position is better.)

As far as port or starboard best for docking? It depends on whether or not the captain backs in or not! Haven't you ever noticed how men like to back their pickup trucks into a parking place? It's way more fun. :D

I've been in a cabin on the other side of an elevator and it was great! We were upgraded on our honeymoon to a mini-suite and at first I wasn't happy (:eek:) because I had carefully selected our original cabin. We never heard the elevator and it was so convenient!

We are booked in 11075 for our trip in April '12. Per our NCL rep this room has a 97 sq ft balcony along with the 'normal' sized interior. We were originally booked for a different B6 room that had a 79 sq ft balcony so we jumped at the opportunity for more room at the same cost.

Bed is near the balcony and the elevator is just around the corner (for better or worse.) I was also told by NCL that this side of the ship was preferred when docking for the best views of the port city. Haven't seen it with my own eyes but based on my rep's promises we are excited about having this specific room.

• 3 months later...
I am booked on the Epic in a B6 the week before you. I had read about the cabin layout too and was able to pick out a cabin based on the deck plans on the website (you can tell by the curve where the bed should be). I hope the deck plans are correct! We are in 12092.

I can't really answer your questions but am curious about the same things as you too.

I'm hoping to get 12092 (my call is in to switch from 12065). Do come back with some balcony pictures, I'd love to see them! Thanks and happy cruising! :D

Archived