Diamond Coffee Question

mikefang

We are scheduled for the Diamond, Vancouver to Beijing, 9/17. This will be our fourth trip on Princess and the first (as I recall) without an International Cafe. We have 2 never used coffee cards from our previous trip but are unsure where on the Diamond specialty coffee/brewed coffee is available.

Can anyone give me some school call about specialty coffee on the Diamond?

As an afterthought can anyone give me personal experience for cabin E219?

Thank You.

Mike

Most Princess ships without an IC have a Patisserie or Lobby Bar. It's in the Atrium on deck 5. You can get specialty coffee there and pastries. Chocolate chip cookies at about 3:30pm. You can also use your card for specialty coffee in the dining room.

Is it possible to get a good cup of coffee - just ordinary filter - no extras on the Diamond Princess?. We too are on the Alaska cruise 17 Sept.:confused:

Yes, the Lobby Bar serves brewed coffee. It is a $1 a cup, or free with the coffee card. Just show the card, they will not punch it.

I just returned from the Diamond today. I had a coffee card and used it for the "brewed" coffee in the Lobby Bar, deck 5 And also in the bar in the pool area at the entry to the Horizon Buffet on Deck 14.

I only had two speciality coffees that they "punch" the card. I bought it primarily for the brewed coffee. I figured since I was in Alaska, I would drink a lot of coffee (and I was right--just not so many of the latte/mochas).

You do have to specify on the pool bar that you want "brewed coffee". I do not believe they do specialty there, but I did not ask (he had to go to the back to get the brewed stuff).

For that itinerary, definitely a good benefit for me. I'm not sure if I would do the same in the Caribbean or not....but that's just based off my normal coffee drinking habits. It sure was nice to have the good coffee.

On that note, I know you're doing a different itinerary on the ship so I don't know if this will apply. I got a coffee one morning before getting off the ship at port. We were getting off in Juneau. At this point, we had only been to Skagway. I had taken a cup of coffee to go with me the day before in Skagway.....repeated my trek to get the coffee prior to disembarking at Juneau and was stopped--told they weren't allowed anyone to leave with coffee or drinks into port. I thought that was odd since we hadn't been to a foreign port, etc. (and it's just coffee??) Anyway, I felt bad having to leave a full coffee at the door.

Archived