FLL Post Cruise Hotel

CR dude

We are looking for a post cruise hotel within easy walking distance to the Oakwood Plaza Mall for the period 4 – 7 December. Of course the more amenities the better. Any suggestions or recommendations?

I think your best bet would be Homewood Suites. It's really close to Oakwood Plaza and they have complimentary airport (24 hr) and restaurant shuttles, breakfast buffet, and M-F they also give you a light dinner. There is a pool and fitness center and the rooms are all suites with full kitchens. All this starts at $101 for your dates...not bad!

http://rd.surveysavvy.com/c.php?i=456839267&k=5f33a3215d1111a01f4f01d13fdd9dca

I know you are looking for lots of amenities but there are no resort-type hotels in the Oakwood area. Oakwood Plaza isn't really a mall; it's really an outdoor shopping center with discount chain stores, a cinema, and family-style chain restaurants.

Any particular reason you want to spend a few days in that area? I like staying near Oakwood, but that's usually for a night. I usually have a car for a day. I would almost think a car is mandatory to be there for 3 days, or you will spend a fortune in cabs going anywhere. And I think it would be a shame to be there for 3 days and not play tourist.

Short of that, I would rather stay somewhere like the Renaissance on 17th St where there are a lot of things nearby, as well as convenient transportation options like the trolley, bus and water taxi.

I booked the Hampton Inn on Stirling Rd recently for post cruise stay next month. This Hampton Inn is right around the corner from Oakwood Plaza.

I used the site bookit and this HI is the "Ft Lauderdale - Mystery Airport Hotel" listed on pg 2 after you put in dates, city info. I see for the dates you need it is currently $79 a night. You can see this hotel listed several posts above the "Mystery Airport Hotel" posting, it is listed as Hampton Inn and Suites Ft Lauderdale - Airport.

You do have to pay in advance and no refund policy when using this site. I have used this website more than a few times and have never had a problem.

Good luck in your search and Happy Cruising!

Any particular reason you want to spend a few days in that area? I like staying near Oakwood, but that's usually for a night. I usually have a car for a day. I would almost think a car is mandatory to be there for 3 days, or you will spend a fortune in cabs going anywhere. And I think it would be a shame to be there for 3 days and not play tourist.

Short of that, I would rather stay somewhere like the Renaissance on 17th St where there are a lot of things nearby, as well as convenient transportation options like the trolley, bus and water taxi.

I agree! The OP wants to be in walking distance to Oakwood so they probably won't have a car. I would not choose to stay in that location without a car...might as well stay home and go to Marshall's and TGIFridays everyday. I'd rather be at Riverside on Las Olas or at a budget hotel at the beach like Bahia Mar, although December is not beach weather IMO.

Archived