My MIRACLE review 8/10-8/18 PHOTOS & MENUS!!!

pampaul

ALEX BEING A GOOFBALL

107-1.jpg

NOW IT'S STARTING TO GET A BIT CROWDED (THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POOL ISN'T AS CROWDED THOUGH) THIS IS UP BY THE BAR/MUSIC AREA

108-1.jpg

COUPLE OF PICS OF MASON, ALEX & DYLAN

109-1.jpg

110-1.jpg

MASON & I

111-1.jpg

ALEX PONDERING ON WHAT TO DO NEXT

112-1.jpg

MY GOAL FOR THIS CRUISE WAS TO GET ONE OF THESE BIG CUPS. INSIDE WOULD BE A MIAMI VICE (1/2 PINA COLADA AND 1/2 STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI)

114.jpg

I TOLD ALEX SINCE HE'S ONLY 14, THAT HE'D HAVE TO STICK TO HIS SODA AND LEAVE MOMMA'S DRINK ALONE.

115.jpg

THE BOYS AGAIN

116-1.jpg

PAUL & I

117-1.jpg

ME & MY TWO BOYS

120-1.jpg

APPARENTLY THERE'S THIS NEW THING CALLED "PLANKING" THAT PEOPLE ARE DOING THESE DAYS??? SO ALEX WANTED TO PLANK IN THE POOL. THAT'S ALL IT IS, POSING LIKE THIS.....

121-2.jpg

THIS WAS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POOL. NOT TOO CROWDED HERE.

122-1.jpg

PAUL & ALL 3 BOYS CHILLIN' OUT ON THE ADIRONDACK CHAIRS

123-1.jpg

IN FRONT OF THE BIG OLE PARROT

124-1.jpg

CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT GETTING ONE IN FRONT OF THE BIG FLIP FLOP

126-1.jpg

HEADED BACK TO THE SHIP

127-1.jpg

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES OF THE BOYS

128-1.jpg

Now let me back up a bit here. While MIL and the boys were out snorkeling, Paul and I enjoyed the pool for a while and then decided to take a walk over to Jack's Shack. I have a terrible time walking in sand so I decided to walk in the ocean (so much easier for me) OMG!!!----once you step into the water it’s like quicksand. LOL I sunk right up past my ankles by a couple inches. I was stuck. I finally made my way further into the water and was on my way. I told Paul to go ahead and that I would meet him there (he is a much faster walker than I am)

We decided to order an early lunch since we heard it was really good there. He ordered the burger with fries and I had the jerk chicken with no fries.

097-1.jpg

098.jpg

I really should have ordered the fries because I tried a couple of his and they were really good.

HERE ARE THE MENUS

094.jpg

DRINKS---sorry this one is sideways

093-1.jpg

While eating we watched their dog, Topher play in the water and sand. He had the volleyball in his mouth and was playing “keep away” from a little girl. It was really cute to watch. After a bite to eat, we had to get back to meet his mother and the boys at the little shopping area when they were done with their excursion. We all then went back into the pool. By now it’s starting to get really busy. So after ordering a Miami Vice for me and a virgin Miami Vice for my MIL in those big, tall yard cups (she paid $29.95 for the two drinks which included the cup for those that were wondering how much they were), we swam over to a more quieter place. We watched quite a few people attempt to do the Flowrider. Only a couple of people were able to make it up on their knees. Didn’t see anyone stand up though. Wasn’t something I would try but it was entertaining to watch. At about 1:00pm we decided to start making our way back to the ship after stopping in to see the gift shop. We only went in the Margaritaville one. We’re really not interested in all the other stores. Mason bought himself a yard cup ($3.95) I bought myself a magnet of the island. I believe it was a Grand Turk, Margaritaville one with a big parrot. We stopped for a few photo ops and off we went, back on the ship. Once on the ship, we all took a shower and relaxed before heading to dinner.

Here are a few pictures I took of Jack's Shack

095.jpg

O096-1.jpgUR VIEW FROM OUR TABLE

looks like you had a great time!!! Keep it coming!

We had a great time!! No worries, there's plenty more. LOL

Cannot wait to hear all about it - we just booked Miracle last nite and I am a bit nervous about it.... did you love it? DETAIL'S, lol

No need to be nervous. We'd love the whole week!!! If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer if I can.

TIME FOR DINNER!!!

Tonight it was just Paul and I. The kids were off doing their own thing (I believe they went up to the buffet) and his mom & step dad went to the steakhouse. They said it was really good. But Paul had...

MUSHROOM SOUP

131-1.jpg

PETITE FILET W/SHORT RIBS AND WCMC FOR DESSERT

134-1.jpg

I had one of the entrees as an app tonight.

LASAGNA BOLANESE (this was really good)

133-1.jpg

I also wanted to try something new, so I got the...

OYSTERS ROCKEFELLAR (they were pretty good)

132-1.jpg

I also ordered the petite filet w/short ribs too. But for dessert I had the

CHOCOL136-1.jpgATE RASPBERRY VANILLA CAKE (my fave dessert all week)

Then it was off to the Phantom Theater to see the juggling comedian, Marcus Monroe.

Marcus was the highlight of all the evening shows (IMHO). I couldn't stop telling people about him. He performed only one evening (the night we left San Juan)... he's fantastic (and adorable ;) )

Great review, wonderful photos, and you should tell your son to start owling, it's the new than... LOL

Oh yeah, he's showed me owling too. He says he just likes planking better. Funny story though....when he was potty training, he was using the bathroom while I was in the shower and I peeked out to see if he was done yet and what I saw just cracked me up. He was "owling" on the toilet. That's how he used to go to the bathroom. Too funny.

Marcus was the highlight of all the evening shows (IMHO). I couldn't stop telling people about him. He performed only one evening (the night we left San Juan)... he's fantastic (and adorable ;) )

Oh yeah, he was the best. Loved that show. ***finger hug?***

Now let me back up a bit here. While MIL and the boys were out snorkeling, Paul and I enjoyed the pool for a while and then decided to take a walk over to Jack's Shack. I have a terrible time walking in sand so I decided to walk in the ocean (so much easier for me) OMG!!!----once you step into the water it’s like quicksand. LOL I sunk right up past my ankles by a couple inches. I was stuck. I finally made my way further into the water and was on my way. I told Paul to go ahead and that I would meet him there (he is a much faster walker than I am)

I am so glad you wrote this. I will be on the Miracle on the 26th going to Grand Turk. I planned Margarittaville for the morning and then thought about the ocean for the afternoon but if that's the way the sand is there, I think I'll stick with the pool at Grand Turk and enjoy the ocean on our half moon cay day.

GREAT job on the review so far. . .makes me realize how much I really miss being on the Miracle. I can't believe it's already been almost 4 months since my trip!!

I love all of your photos so far. Isn't the water in Grand Turk amazing? I wish I would have seen that flip flop in Margaritaville- I'm a flip flop addict and would have loved to have my pic taken next to it! Guess I have to go back. . .:rolleyes:. . .hehehe. . .

Can't wait to read the rest. Hope you all had an amazing time!!!

I am so glad you wrote this. I will be on the Miracle on the 26th going to Grand Turk. I planned Margarittaville for the morning and then thought about the ocean for the afternoon but if that's the way the sand is there, I think I'll stick with the pool at Grand Turk and enjoy the ocean on our half moon cay day.

Yeah, I wasn't too fond of the ocean part of Grand Turk. Not only was it like quicksand as soon as you walk into it (it did get better about a foot or so going into the water) but it was also really rocky and some of these rocks were huge!!! If I were to go back, I would definately stick to the pool and save the ocean for Half Moon Cay. Now THAT is a beautiful beach.

GREAT job on the review so far. . .makes me realize how much I really miss being on the Miracle. I can't believe it's already been almost 4 months since my trip!!

I love all of your photos so far. Isn't the water in Grand Turk amazing? I wish I would have seen that flip flop in Margaritaville- I'm a flip flop addict and would have loved to have my pic taken next to it! Guess I have to go back. . .:rolleyes:. . .hehehe. . .

Can't wait to read the rest. Hope you all had an amazing time!!!

If you go to Grand Turk again, walk through the Margaritaville gift shop (like you're going to the pool) and the big flip flop is over to the right hand side. It's tucked into some trees I believe. We were getting ready to leave the gift shop and go back to the boat when I remember seeing that flip flop in a picture somewhere. So I asked one of the guys who was working in the gift shop and he pointed it out to me.

I'm going to take a break while the rest of my pics upload to photobucket. Hope you're enjoying!!!

We were on the Miracle's 8/2 to 8/10 sailing. Love your Pics and review. I really need to book another cruise to cure my post cruise depression.

The sea water of Grand Turk takes getting used too.. well not the water, but the floor of the water.. the sand. It feels like boulders that have been covered up with quicksand. It gets better the deeper you go out, but right at the shoreline it's .... icky. I'm really surprised no one has snapped an ankle. But from some of the reviews I've read, alot of folks say the area around the cruise terminal is the worst of it. That if you move down by Jack's Shack it's better.

Pam.. did you go in the water while down at Jack's?

We will be in Grand Turk in Feb. Would like to check out Jacks, should we have water shoes to walk there or is barefoot better?? Love to snorkle and have our own gear, should we just snorkle off shore or do a excursion?? Love your review!! Lynn

Loving the review. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading!!!

The sea water of Grand Turk takes getting used too.. well not the water, but the floor of the water.. the sand. It feels like boulders that have been covered up with quicksand. It gets better the deeper you go out, but right at the shoreline it's .... icky. I'm really surprised no one has snapped an ankle. But from some of the reviews I've read, alot of folks say the area around the cruise terminal is the worst of it. That if you move down by Jack's Shack it's better.

Pam.. did you go in the water while down at Jack's?

Yeah, I noticed it more towards the shoreline. When I finally got in the water and out of the "quicksand", it was more stable the further I went out into the water. I was actually in the water from the cruise terminal all the way down to Jack's Shack. Since I have trouble (back issues) walking in the sand I figured it would be easier to walk in the water, which is was, for me. But I had the same trouble once I got down to Jack's Shack. My hubby had to help me out of the water. I just couldn't get out by myself. I'm sure most people wouldn't have as hard a time as I did, but with my back issues it was a bit of a challenge. LOL

Loving your review. Thanks for sharing. I'm so very glad that someone (you) put that chair hog in her place. I wish we all could be as brave!!

I'm glad I did too. My husband actually wanted to go in the pool before all this happened and asked if I would be okay if someone confronted me while he was in the pool. I said I would be fine. But once he saw her talking to me, he came right out of the pool and sat down on his chair. I'm usually not a confrontational person but don't pi$$ me off, ya know? LOL I just held my ground and when I decided to get up, is when she could have her seat back.

We were on the Miracle's 8/2 to 8/10 sailing. Love your Pics and review. I really need to book another cruise to cure my post cruise depression.

Isn't that the truth. We have one booked for June of next year and I'm already planning that one and looking at everyone's pictures and stuff. But you're right, you go into a little depression once you're home and back to reality.

Pampaul~some of the high schoolers here "plank" lying on across the top of the stalls in the bathroom, or hanging halfway if a counter somewhere. Sometimes you wonder how they stay up in that position!

Oh yeah, it's like the latest craze. I even saw youtube vidoes of people planking all over the place. I'm sure we did stupid things back in the day, ya know? LOL

We will be in Grand Turk in Feb. Would like to check out Jacks, should we have water shoes to walk there or is barefoot better?? Love to snorkle and have our own gear, should we just snorkle off shore or do a excursion?? Love your review!! Lynn

I would wear water shoes in the water. The sand along the shore seemed okay (but I wear water shoes no matter what) but definately in the water, you need them. I know my MIL took the boys on an excursion in Grand Turk and she said that they saw a lot of fish. I'm not sure about just going off shore.

Archived