My MIRACLE review 8/10-8/18 PHOTOS & MENUS!!!

pampaul

Great review and pictures. We will be on Miracle 10/17/11 cruise for our 40th wedding anniversary(:)1st one happy ). We are doing differant itenary but interested what cabana #5 cost for future cruise.

congrats on the wedding anniversary. the cost for the cabana $220. On the website under excursions, it states that it's $220 per person and that it's only for one hour, but that's night right. It's $220 per cabana (up to four people) and it's for the whole day. Hope this helps.

Yep, the British Colonial Hilton.

The boys didn't snorkel here. MIL did go up to the little towel hut to see about getting some gear and they said it would be "ready" (whatever that meant) in about a 1/2 hour. The boys kept going up there about 3-4 times by they were never "ready" so they never ended up using it. My MIL said that it was included in the price though. So I'm not sure. I remember seeing a father/sons in a kayak, but I'm not sure how much it was. I didn't see any showers but there was a couple outdoor shower heads that you could use to rinse off. I didn't see any lockers either (doesn't mean that there weren't any there, I just didn't see any) And we got there probably around 9:00am (ish) and was there till around 2-3:00pm. It never got anymore crowded than what you see in my pictures.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for this additional info!:D

AND THE FROG'S LEGS

301.jpg

:D:DYUMMMO! I hope we get the Frog Legs on our 5 day cruise...they look so good. Haven't had them since I was a teen when my uncles and grand-dad went 'Frog-Gigging' and my grand-ma fried them up. The fat cells in the legs would 'pop' in the hot oil and it looked like they were 'hopping' all over the frying pan! LOL.

:confused:BTW..how many Frog legs do they give you in the order & are they fried or broiled? I might ask for a double order if they only give you a couple of legs.

Thanks for sharing all these great photos, menus & your great review!

I wouldn't min doing that same route again. I really really enjoyed Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. I've been to Nassau 4x already, so maybe I'd stay on the ship next time and enjoy a nice quite empty ship kinda day.)

We sailed (and will be sailing again) Miracle's alternate Eastern itinerary. I think they should re-mix them and trade San Juan for HMC.. then it would be perfect. I would not however trade St Thomas for Nassau. Grand Turk is the final port on that itinerary (1pm-7pm), which ends up being a nice wind down day. St Thomas was my fav of the three ports.

I have a question. . .I have been looking at the Disney cruises (LOVE Disney World!!) but the prices are always crazy!! I have only been on one cruise and it was the same ship, same itin you just did. I'm wondering how you thought the two cruiselines compared? Is Disney worth the extra money compared to Carnival?

I think you commented on my Miracle review and it's so exciting to see your cruise now!! Looks like you had a great time. . .and I sure do miss the food and having someone else clean everyday!! Great job!!

we have done disney as well as our last week's cruise on the miracle. as far as value, carnival wins hands down. disney is great if you have little kids, (or are a kid yourself) but i think they are way overpriced. the food on disney has also gone way down in quality. the service however is impeccable, but i still like carnival better. with the money that you save on booking a carnival cruise over disney, you might be able to do a second cruise!!!

we have done disney as well as our last week's cruise on the miracle. as far as value, carnival wins hands down. disney is great if you have little kids, (or are a kid yourself) but i think they are way overpriced. the food on disney has also gone way down in quality. the service however is impeccable, but i still like carnival better. with the money that you save on booking a carnival cruise over disney, you might be able to do a second cruise!!!

Thank you so much for this. I have DS9 and DH, but they aren't so into Disney. . .they like it, but for the price. . .I don't know. I keep going back to the fact that I could get a suite on almost any other cruiseline for the price of an inside or oceanview on Disney. Or, like you said, a second cruise!!

The funny thing is that Disney World is a great value for a vacation. For $2500 I can fly to Orlando, stay a week at Disney, and have all of my food covered with the food plan. This also includes all transportation. I wish their cruises were comparable with their theme parks.

Sorry to go off topic. . .just wanted a few opinions. . .:D

We sailed (and will be sailing again) Miracle's alternate Eastern itinerary. I think they should re-mix them and trade San Juan for HMC.. then it would be perfect. I would not however trade St Thomas for Nassau. Grand Turk is the final port on that itinerary (1pm-7pm), which ends up being a nice wind down day. St Thomas was my fav of the three ports.
We've also been to St Thomas and it was a great island. I'm not all that crazy for Nassau so I wouldn't mind them trading something else for that, any day.

I have a question. . .I have been looking at the Disney cruises (LOVE Disney World!!) but the prices are always crazy!! I have only been on one cruise and it was the same ship, same itin you just did. I'm wondering how you thought the two cruiselines compared? Is Disney worth the extra money compared to Carnival?

I think you commented on my Miracle review and it's so exciting to see your cruise now!! Looks like you had a great time. . .and I sure do miss the food and having someone else clean everyday!! Great job!!

LOL, yeah I do remember reading your review. I was hard pressed to find many Miracle reviews just before we were leaving and I really enjoyed reading yours.

As for Disney Cruises, I'm not sure you would say that it's "worth the extra money" cause at the end of the day, it's basically the same experience (in my eyes) I mean you have someone cleaning your room each day, someone cooking your food each day, activities throughout the ship (which do vary ship to ship) each day, shows each night (which I liked Disney better----well they do Disney shows, that's why LOL)

No matter which cruiseline or ship you go on, you're going to find the pros/cons on each one, you know? You might like the food on this one better and the activites on that one better. Everyone has their own opinion and mine would be that I really don't think it's worth the over the top prices that Disney charges, but if you get a great deal like we did, than by all means....take a Disney cruise!!!

We booked our June 2012 Disney cruise back in Dec 2010. For four people in an oceanview room (no balcony) for $4800. I was over my cousin's house the other day and we were talking about where they might want to go on their honeymoon in May 2012. She's like....how about a Disney cruise. She looked up the exact date that we're going and everything is sold out except for balconies and suites. The balcony for 4 people was no cheaper than $10,000. NO JOKE.

So I guess the moral of all my babbling is that it pays off to book early to find the best prices.

Great review and pics! Thanks for taking the time to post it.

We would like to cruise out of NYC one day. This itin. sounds like it would be just perfect for us.

Loved the Miracle, and we had cabin #4232. It was great.

Thanks for reading it!!! We've gone out of NY three times so far (we live in CT, so the drive is only like 2 1/2-3 hours from our house) so it's easier and cheaper for us to go out of NY. We also liked the itinerary. I could go without Nassau again. I mean we've been there 4 times already, but that is usually one of the stops when going out of NY....)

Thank You

You're welcome, thanks for reading.

when you went to the Hilton, you stated that you had $150 in food credit - didn't that cover you lunch/drink bill?

Yes it did cover everything. I think we had like $7.00 left over (which we just gave to the waiter) I was just stating on how expensive it was. I mean $15 for a burger or chicken fingers? A bit outrageous, I think. And a can of soda was $3.00??? But hey, what's a person to do, you know? LOL

Archived