Liquor in Water Bottles

Thank you satxdiver but... (quote) 5) Why would they not sell 'duty free' alcoholic drinks in the bars?

"They use duty free alcohol in the bars which is why they can't open them until they are in international waters" .

That is precisely my point.....(duty free and international waters) if they buy and sell duty free alcohol in the bars when the bars are open in international waters, WHY are the drink prices still so steep?

One would think that since they already buy and sell duty free alcohol, the prices would be lower. Look at the "duty free" shops on board where passengers can purchase duty free alcohol to take home.

I understand about wanting to make a profit or the bottom line, but to make a profit at any price is akin to "RIP-OFF". ( we are not big drinkers, but now we can understand why some passengers try to bring a bottle of their favourite drink on board)

I seem to recall that while the ship is docked in Florida, they charge sales tax.

yes they do....Florida state law. Any liquor by-the-drink they sell cannot be duty free since they are in US waters.

oldguysandgalls: They charge what the market will bear or in the case of RCCL above what the market will bear which encourages smuggling. We are a captive audience.

Archived