Fascination review from 3/21/05-3/25/05

darjensil

I decided to post this review because I always had a hard time finding info on this cruise prior to our trip. This was our 3rd cruise- my husband and myself. We have cruised one other time with our children on the Conquest and another time by ourselves on a different cruise line. We are both mid-thirties. I was a little worried before I got onto the ship because the ship is a little older than the other ships we've been on- well rest assure- this ship is in good shape.

We were pleasantly surprised by the size of our cabin- we had a room with a window- very roomy. Nevy-our cabin person was great. The room was always made up no matter how many times a day we messed it up. Beds turned down, mints on our pillows and towel animals every night.

We spent one short day in Cozumel- from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm, but had to take the last shuttle back to he ship by 1:15. Not alot of time to do too much- we took the conch train tour of the town and then did a little shopping. The ext day was spend in Cozumel- we had all day there. We decided to go to Paradise Beach for the day. The beach area was very nice and clean, but I was disappointed with the water-( I know what your thinking---can't control that) which is absolutley true- I was just disappointed that the water was not the crystal clear blue I love to see. It was really churned up with some seaweed along the shore-maybe its always like that- I was just expecting clear blue calm water. It was a nice relaxing day at the beach.

Back to the ship---- everyone- all employees on the ship were super nice and helpful!!!! It was very nice!!! We had late seating in the imagination dining room- food was EXCELLENT!!!! I think it was one of the better cruises for food-comparing the other 2 we have been on!!! Lot's to choose from and very tasty. We went to the shows every evening- the first show with the "carnival dancers" was ok, we happened to like the 2nd one better that had the dancers in it. The comedian- Geechy Guy- well he was interesting let's say- not really funny though. We did not go back to see his "R" rate show later that same night. There was another comedian later in the week that did a "R" show and he was better.

Overall this was a great crise-it was very relaxing and fun!

This is just a quick review of what we encountered- anyone with questions- I'll be happy to answer any I can.

Thank you for posting your review. You are right, there isn't a whole lot out there about recent sailings on Fascination. Glad to hear she isn't looking too bad and that you had good service. This will be our FIRST time cruising with Carnival after more than 10 on Carnival. We have a Cat 12 and hoping it will come with great service. Weather and service are key to us having a great cruise. Food is always important but I find one way or another there is a good meal to be found.

Did you happen to notice the "sports deck" if it had a basketball "court"? There are 35 people in our group and a few are teenage boys. They are spoiled by RCCL Explorer and Voyager. We've given them a heads up that this ship is way smaller than those and also doesn't have Johnny Rockets.

Did you see much night life? I'm not a late night person but DH is and he'll be looking for the action along with some of the others in our group.

I assume by your review that the public rooms were in good shape as well?

OOOOOOOO - 4 weeks from today we will be going on The Fascination - our first cruise!!! We are psyched.

What time did your luggage make it to your cabin? Our cabin is mid shipe with a window on the Upper deck. Was there anything that you didn't take that you wish you would of had?

How about things you took that you really didn't need?

We will either be taking the conch train or trolley when in Key West.

We can't decide between Paradise Beach or Chankaanab (sp.) National Park when visiting Cozumel.

Thanks for the information.

Yes, our first stop was Key West not Cozumel- my mess up. Second stop was Cozumel then the next day.

Yes, there was a basketball court at the back of the ship!!!!

Yes, there was night life. Two of the nights there were 2 different adult comedians- at midnight or close to it. There are also several dance clubs that were going strong late into the night or early into the morning:)

Overall, the whole ship was in good shape-didn't really notice anything that was horridly old. There were a few scrapes in our cabin but nothing major.

The other ships we have been on have been the Carnival Conquest and also Royal Carribean- Sovereign of the Seas.

We actually received our luggage before we ever set sail from Miami- I would say we had it by 3:00 or close to it.

Can't think of anything that I wished I had taken- I did remember to take my battery charger to charge my batteries to my digital camera every night-which came in handy. The only thing that I took that I didn't need was- too many clothes- didn't wear half of them.

I think the next time I go back to Cozumel I will try the Chankanaab Park or Passion Island- probably won't go back to Paradise Beach. It was nice, but not great. Hope this answers any questions, let me know if you have more.

• 2 weeks later...

I was supposed to write a review of the Fascination. I did, but haven't posted because I hadn't finished......

I came down with pneumonia when we got home. I'm back to work this week...was thinking today I should really finished writing my review since I've been working. But work has worn me out-lol.

I can answer any questions til I write it up. I didn't do shows or Bingo, but can tell ya about the food, service, etc.

Archived