AK Princess Patters for kids

jewel_beth

Does anyone have any of the Alaska Patters? I am actually looking for the 8-10 year old ones for Coral, but will take what I can get. I have been searching and haven't found anything that isn't years old.

Thanks.

I have Patters for the 11-12 year old group from the Golden Princess, August 6-13. They tended to split the 8-10 from the 11-12 during the day and combine them in the evening. Activities will probably be somewhat different for your sailing, but this should give you some idea of the types of activities. My scanner isn't working, and there are lots of graphics that probably wouldn't scan well anyway. I will type up a couple of days to give you an idea.

Sea Day (Formal Night)

9 AM Late Registration

9:30 Yoga for Kids

10:00 Bingo

10:30 Funzone orientation & Foosball play

11:00 Shark Attack (California Science Center)

12 - 1 Closed for lunch

1 PM Team Trivia challenge

1:30 Talent show sign up and practice

2:00 T-shirt graffiti

2:30 X-Box Kinect

3:00 Ice cream party

4:00 Klutz Thumb Doodle Art

4:30 Caricatures

5 - 6 Closed for dinner

6 PM Giant Connect 4 challege

7:00 Birthday Party Dinner

8:10 Talent Show sign up and practice

8:15 Movie - Rango

10:00 Closed for the night (group kidsitting available until 1 AM for $5/hr)

Juneau Day (in port 12 - 10 PM - kids must be signed out by adult with picture ID while in port, even if allowed to sign themselves in and out otherwise!)

9 AM Paper Airplanes

9:30 Nail Art

10:00 Twister fun

10:30 Playstation 2 mania

11:00 Planet Patrol (California Science Center)

11:30 Spoons card game

12:00 Closed for lunch

1 PM Picture Frames

2:00 Bubble Magic

3:00 Playdough time

3:30 Doorknob hangers

4:00 Make a crazy critter

4:30 Critter racing

5:00 Closed for dinner

6 - 10 PM Rock and Roll Night (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc.)

I hope this helps. The rest of the week is very similar, with lots of arts/crafts, games, movies, etc. My daughter (12) actually went to very few activities. She made friends early and just hung out with them. I suspect with an 8 - 10 year old, you may prefer more structured activity.

One thing I found annoying is that most evening activities started at 6 PM. Dinner in the dining room only starts at 5:30, so there is no way to eat with the family and go to the evening activities. I guess some kids just eat pizza or burgers early and then go to the kids club instead of eating a real dinner with the family. For us, dinner was our main family time of the day. All 3 of my kids (12, 15, 18) had to eat dinner with us every night... and they wanted to, because the food was so much better! Sometimes the kids club would have one activity that started at 6 and another around 8, so we would eat around 6 so my daughter would have time to change clothes and head up to the kid club by 8. Other times she just skipped evening activities all together and went to a show with us or went in the pool with friends.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer. Maybe if I can get my scanner working, I will scan all these and send them to the keeper of the kid programs. (cruisin mama??)

Thank you so much! Sounds similar to other lines. If he is in the club but not interested in that activity (such as nail art), what types of things will they have him do? I just don't want him playing video games in there all day!

I am like you - my son eats with us in the main dining room each night. Sometimes we would let the waiter know if he was in a rush to get to the kids club and the waiters would get his food out quickly and one of us would run him up between courses. Then, his dinner would be more like 1-1.5 hours rather than the 2 hours we would spend. The waiters on our last cruises with RCCL & DCL all suggested this. I assume Princess would do that as well.

Thank you so much! Sounds similar to other lines. If he is in the club but not interested in that activity (such as nail art), what types of things will they have him do? I just don't want him playing video games in there all day!

I'm not sure about that. I might have to ask my daughter. Since she is 12, I allowed her to sign in and out herself, so she never stayed if she wasn't interested in what they were doing. She may have seen this situation while she was there, though. I can tell you that when I dropped her off for nail art, there were only girls in the room. And they used really cheap polish that came off in the pool later in the day. :rolleyes:

I managed to scan the activity sheets (both Shockwaves and Remix) and sent them to cruisinmama06. I assume that she will post here when she gets them uploaded to her site.

I asked my daughter what happens if a kid is not interested in the scheduled activity. She said that usually there was only one thing going on at a time, but if it was something that was not of general interest (nail art) that sometimes kids would play video games or do some other independent activity. She said that was pretty rare, that usually if you were there, you did the scheduled activity.

My suggestion would be to look at the activity sheets with your child in advance and only take him to the kid club if he's going to be relatively happy with the activities scheduled at that time. If he's really not interested in the activities for a couple of hours, use that as family time to go to the pool or something instead. You get all the sheets in advance for the whole week, so it's easy enough to read them through on the first day and figure out what activities may or may not be of interest.

Archived