Balcony newbie question

hlb76

What is the difference in the balcony choices?

I know obstructed mean obstructed. But what is the differnece in the others reg., extended, and premuim?

I'm looking a a legend cruise and not sure if it's worth the upgrade to a better balcony. I have seen pics of the blowing alley length ones and the lovely aft wrap but neither of those are a option. So before I shell out $$ for a premuim I want to make sure it's worth it.

Regular, extended and premium refer to the balcony type/space.

Regular is a typical balcony.....extended is either longer or wider than a regular balcony and the premium usually refers to the wraps or suite balconies that are double - or more - the regular space on a balcony.

Hope that helps! ;) :D

the huge balcony like 6232 (which holds 4 people) or 7258 or 8232 are category 8J and 8K these are now listed under premium (midship)

Not counting a wrap around which are suites- the above cabins are the largest on the ship. there are only 3 of them.

From a regular balcony to 8232 there was a 260 (total price difference)

FOr some it will be worth the money.

these balconies have 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table.

http://travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

5236 is a long one like above--but it is narrow too

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2400637920032405699mAQBFV

----

a standard balcony does do for some people. Its just too narrow for me

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1525393038040556309mcdEJU

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2039572710094156445NsVraJ

--

and then you have the extended balconies,.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2138389820040669306fHxcge

there are no lounge chairs on the extended balconies

(i think this one belongs to a regular suite

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2659779960057883444LcJRIs

the letters denote where the cabin is located- the higher the letter the better the placement-- the more you pay.

premium will show as those listed above OR

cabins that are bigger (located behind the elvators- example 8235

-- to see suites you will be clicking on the suite tab you will not see those under the balcony categories

Being an official "aft snob", I can tell you that Cat 8M and 8N (on Spirit class ships)are the aft balconies, with regular width, but half again deeper. The aft wraps on this class of ship are the VS cabins. I had an 8N (Miracle, Veranda deck)last April, and loved it. Next cruise, I finally have the means to have a VS on the Legend.

All pro and con comments aside, if you want any aft cabin, you might want to book sooner than later, being they do sell out fast. Also, one bad point is that if you book ES, odds are you'll never see a price drop because they sell fast.

Just my 2 cents worth....;)

Being an official "aft snob", I can tell you that Cat 8M and 8N (on Spirit class ships)are the aft balconies, with regular width, but half again deeper. The aft wraps on this class of ship are the VS cabins. I had an 8N (Miracle, Veranda deck)last April, and loved it. Next cruise, I finally have the means to have a VS on the Legend.

All pro and con comments aside, if you want any aft cabin, you might want to book sooner than later, being they do sell out fast. Also, one bad point is that if you book ES, odds are you'll never see a price drop because they sell fast.

LOL.....Look out!! You will be spoiled FOREVER :eek:. There is nothing like those VS aft wraps on the Spirit Class - especially Deck 4. They are - in our opinion - THE best cabins of the entire fleet. ;) :D

We have also had several aft wraps on other ships and they are certainly very nice - but nothing like the aft wrap suites on the Spirit Class :o :cool:!

I too was an aft snob-- until the cruiselines priced them out of my affordability. The regular aft cabins cost a tad more then the extended balcony. So you are still getting the space for a cheaper price.

Another option is to book an L shaped room with balcony. We had never been in a balcony and really liked this setup. The room is setup different but you get an oversized balcony for the price of a regular/small one.

We were on the Glory with one.

different class ship entirely. (i hated that L shaped cabin--lol guess that is why I have been cruising the spirt class ships lately.)

the L shaped cabin is nothing compared to the balconies on the Spirit class.

Once you have one of the premium bowling alley balconies-- its tough to take a smaller one

different class ship entirely. (i hated that L shaped cabin--lol guess that is why I have been cruising the spirt class ships lately.)

the L shaped cabin is nothing compared to the balconies on the Spirit class.

Once you have one of the premium bowling alley balconies-- its tough to take a smaller one

"Bowling alley balconies"....Ha! I haven't heard that one yet!:p Good description!

Yes, indeed! Next April on the Legend.;) If this means a VS.....

you have a suite on the aft corrner?

my bowling alley balcony- 6232- 7258 or 8232

http://travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

for our cruise in January- that corner suite was 260pp more then what we paid for the above balcony

Archived