first time cruiser travel with a 2 year old

slou0122

We will most likely to stay in one of those places on Majahual (Pez Quardro for example) when the ship docks in Costa Maya. My son is 2 and half years old and does not like the idea of walking on his own in a new environment. Therefore we have to bring some type of transportation for him during the day on shore excursion, be it me or stroller or a carrier. Does a "full-sized" umbrella stroller walks well on the road over there? I figure if the road is sandy it would be hard to push, but I really don't want to carry a 36 pound by the hip for prolonged walking! Good for the calorie-burning though.

If we later go to the Chacchoben tour, can such stroller be of any use once we arrive at the site? I know there will be some walking from point of drop off to the ruin and the path is somewhat jungle-setting.

any comments welcome and appreciated? Oh, another question, will I have to bring our own beach towel? if yes, how possible it is to do the laundry with the towel every night when the day was spent in port? :confused:

We will most likely to stay in one of those places on Majahual (Pez Quardro for example) when the ship docks in Costa Maya. My son is 2 and half years old and does not like the idea of walking on his own in a new environment. Therefore we have to bring some type of transportation for him during the day on shore excursion, be it me or stroller or a carrier. Does a "full-sized" umbrella stroller walks well on the road over there? I figure if the road is sandy it would be hard to push, but I really don't want to carry a 36 pound by the hip for prolonged walking! Good for the calorie-burning though.

If we later go to the Chacchoben tour, can such stroller be of any use once we arrive at the site? I know there will be some walking from point of drop off to the ruin and the path is somewhat jungle-setting.

any comments welcome and appreciated? Oh, another question, will I have to bring our own beach towel? if yes, how possible it is to do the laundry with the towel every night when the day was spent in port? :confused:

Can't answer the stroller questions, but Carnival provides beach towels and replaces them daily :)

Can't answer the stroller questions, but Carnival provides beach towels and replaces them daily :)

You mean even if we do not participate in ship-sponsored shore excursion, I can still bring towels from ship and take them back when I re-board ship again in the afternoon?

You mean even if we do not participate in ship-sponsored shore excursion, I can still bring towels from ship and take them back when I re-board ship again in the afternoon?

Yes. They will put towels in your stateroom and if they are dirty (we leave the dirty ones on the floor of the bathroom) the cabin steward will replace it with a fresh one. These are also the towels you would take to the pool with you. They don't care where you take them as long as you bring them back.

Don't know about the Cacchoben tour, but an umbrella stroller will work fine for much of your day:

*it'll be great for getting the kid down the pier, through the shops built at the base of the pier to the road where you'll catch a taxi to Majahual

*it'll be great for transport in Majahual. The walking area along the beach is essentially a nicely decorated/designed sidewalk.

DEFINITELY bring it - it will be a much more desirable alternative to carrying a 36 pound "sandbag" all day. It'll also give the kid a place to lay down & sleep some of the time.

Archived