about ziplining and beach day

slou0122

Our family of 4 will do zipling in Roatan. Hubby will stay with the toddler and watch while my daughter and I slide down. This is what I learned when reading another post about deciding not to do the zip after going up----they have some sort of rest area for spectors. But since two of us will be down at the bottom after a few minutes of sliding, how will by hubby and baby get down and meet us?

another question is, if we go to West bay beach afterwards, how much walking will there be for the entire day (ziplining and beach)? Does it make sense to bring along a stroller for transporting my son when rest of us walk in certain area. I was afraid if the road is soft and sandy it's not suited for a stroller ride.

any suggestion and comments appreciated! have a wonderful vacation!

Depends on which zip line you are doing. The one that we used, they will bring your husband and daughter back up to where you are waiting. It is more than a few minutes. I would not bring a stroller - very few areas where you could use it.

The one we used was South Shore Canopy.

Hmmm from looking at the South Shore web site..I think they are the one at the top of the hill between West End and West Bay...Wait, there are two up there one goes to Gumbalimba Park and the other travels the other side of the hill.

While it is possible to walk to both these zip lines... it will be a very difficult climb up truly the worst hill between West End and West Bay..believe me that is saying something. One could walk the main road behind Bananarama, it would take as a guess 40 minutes, all up hill. The walk along the beach from West Bay to to Gumbalimba is much easier but ya still gotta get up the hill.

If you are going to West Bay and want to zip line... have the driver drop you at the zip 1st..then the beach.

By the by ~ The walk up the hill while a challenge is a great was to see that bit of the island.

Archived