Freeport Jeep Adventure

nelsoji

I know there is a Port of Calls thread and this is likely better there - but it has been asked a few times there in the last 6 months and never answered so thought I would try a different tact :D

Has anyone done the Jeep Adventure in Freeport? It seems like right up my alley but my biggest question was on the 4 person/vehicle requirement. I will be cruising to Freeport with my wife - just the two of us - and we are very friendly so would have no problem sharing a jeep, but caveated by saying I want to drive. I have a Jeep now - I love it - I am a bigger guy and sitting in the back with my wife would be uncomfortable - haha. So I am trying to figure out how that works - do all Jeeps need 4 people? How do you decide who is driving and who is in back?

Any feedback on the adventure in general is appreciated!!!

• 1 year later...
I know there is a Port of Calls thread and this is likely better there - but it has been asked a few times there in the last 6 months and never answered so thought I would try a different tact :D

Has anyone done the Jeep Adventure in Freeport? It seems like right up my alley but my biggest question was on the 4 person/vehicle requirement. I will be cruising to Freeport with my wife - just the two of us - and we are very friendly so would have no problem sharing a jeep, but caveated by saying I want to drive. I have a Jeep now - I love it - I am a bigger guy and sitting in the back with my wife would be uncomfortable - haha. So I am trying to figure out how that works - do all Jeeps need 4 people? How do you decide who is driving and who is in back?

My boyfriend and I are scheduled to go on the Jeep Tour in Freeport in November. He uses a scooter that comes apart into four pieces. If you actually did go on this excursion, do you think there will be an issue with this? He has MS and cannot walk without aid and using a walker is to exhausting.

We had friends who cruised with us do the Freeport Jeep Tour. They had a great time! He also has a Jeep and said he would not participate if he had to sit in the back. His wife also does not like the back seat. Well, turns out their "partners" for the excursion was another married couple, and neither one had any interest in driving. So, my friend drove the whole time. But I do believe he said if you did not have a group or four, you paired up with another party of 2, and should share the driving.

Their only complaint about the tour was somewhere it shows a picture of the Jeeps driving on the beach near the water. Their tour did not do this. When my friend asked about it, he was told they stopped the beach driving quite awhile ago for enviromental reasons. Otherwise, all was good!

My wife and I did this excursion a couple of years ago. It was fantastic. I hope they still go to the gardens and go through the pine forest. A lot of people don't like Freeport, but I believe it's because they haven't seen anything but the port.

When you get there, they will match you up with others if there are only 2 of you. You can decide among yourself as to who's driving. There is a CB type system where everyone can talk with each other while driving also. Keep in mind, the driver usually sits on the left hand side but they drive on the left. There are a couple of roundabouts that are very confusing since you have traffic coming from the other way.

Excellent! Looks like it could be a good idea. I don't have a problem with driving a standard so I would be willing and able. Mike (my boyfriend) being disabled would need to be in the front unless they want to pick him up and throw him in the back. He is of tiny stature and would not mind it! lol

As to the 'driving on the beach'...I wondered how they could do that in this time and age.

Thanks for your input!

Archived